With about 2 weeks to go until the event, I thought I'd bring you up to date in terms of my menu ideas.
First of all, THANK YOU for all of your suggestions and input! This is what I love so much about forums; getting different perspectives/angles you wouldn't come up on your own. Yay!
I'm still not sure whether we'll be catering one or two meals, but should find out tomorrow.
Menu 1: Italian Theme
* Cream of Totato and Herbs Soup
* Zucchini Pasta with Arugula-Basil Pesto
* Pizza on either Onion Bread or Veggie Herb Crust, topped with fermented cashew cheese, cherry toms, black olives, thinly sliced red onion (if not using onion bread) or ______ ??? I'm undecided about that last topping. Any suggestion? I had a really yummy pizza at a raw resto in Mtl, Crudessence
, which was topped with capers, but I know that not everyone likes those.
* Mixed green salad with House Dressing
* Dessert will be Avo Chocolate Mousse with fresh berries or a Chia Tapioca pudding with blueberries.
Menu 2: Asian Theme
* Creamy Thai Coconut Soup
* Spring rolls with Ginger Marinade
* A marinated salad recipe which I first tasted at my mom's with spinach, mushies, mung sprouts and green onions. The original recipe calls for some rice but I've been enjoying it without and it's just as yummy. However, since the crowd will be SAD eaters in the first place, I'm thinking I'll leave the rice in.
* Dessert: Parfait with mango pudding, coconut cream and raspberry sauce.
I've already made the pesto and stored it in the freezer. Will be having a couple of D days this week to make the pizza crusts and granola bars which I'll be selling during the pilgrimage walk. During my recent trip to Mtl, I was able to buy various nuts and products, as well as basil, tomatoes, olives and olive oil. Amazingly, the local supermarkets are offering several produce I'll be needing at awesome prices this week: blueberries, strawberries, cherry toms, peppers, mushies... Let's just cross my fingers that we can find some avos as they've been awefully small and expensive lately.
Will keep u posted!