Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Cleanses and Detox

Old 08-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Meadowlark

The GROSS Thread! - WARNING - Read Intro Before Proceeding!!!

INTRO

"PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER"

This was formerly entitled "The Most Gross, Disgusting, Horrible Thread Ever!" Please read this before scrolling down to see the pictures. This is about what happens inside human bodies over time. This is what S.A.D. does to our colons. Or S.C.D. if you grew up in Canada, Lol. And the older you are, the more likely you are to have this buildup of what is known as mucoid plaque.

Also, we will talk about parasites - little monsters that inhabit quite nearly 75% of the population. We will also show the pictures. Pictures of everything - worms, flukes, mucuid plaque and other goodies lodged deep within our bowels. Pictures, pictures, pictures! Maybe even gall stones! They will NOT be pleasant. In fact, they will be downright GROSS! But it's important that we face it. Some would rather not. That is fine. But for me, ignorance is NOT bliss. I'd rather know. And then do something about it! Wouldn't you???

Oh, there's always someone who comes along and thinks this is all whack. That's okay. This is not for you.

To clarify, we do not have some kind of strange obsession with this ugly, awful stuff. But we DO have an obsession with being healthy. RADICALLY HEALTHY!
So we will not think ill of you for not looking.
Please don't think ill of us if we do.

JUST DON'T GO ANY FURTHER! It may gross you out! No, it WILL gross you out! And if you don't want to be grossed out, don't go! We still love you.

Now, for those of you who are 100% raw, that is something to be totally respected!
(Thunderous applause in the background!)

But, I bring you a bit of disconcerting news. As wonderful as 100% raw is, you are not getting the full deal. Mucoid plaque blocks nutrient absorption. And the older you are, or the more S.A.D. a diet you were raised on, the more of this stuff is in you.

Unless you're one of those rare and fortunate individuals who was raised on Paradise Island , you are getting ripped off.

Now one thing you could do is to eat more. Of course that may not be comfortable. Nor is it natural to overfeed. What's more, lack of complete nutrient absorption makes you CRAVE more food. And too many of us soon find ourselves lamenting those extra, unwanted pounds. How many times have you seen a thread in the raw food forums that went like this: "How come I'm not losing weight on raw?"

Oh, and it can cause a whole host of ailments as well, such as constipation, IBS, severe gas and bloating, weight gain, chronic fatigue, acid reflux, parasites, stomach pain, diverticulitis, skin and hair problems and many others.

Doctors are not trained to even look for this stuff when a colonoscopy is done. Their orientation has far more to do with treating symptoms than in identifying causes. Besides that, their ongoing livelihood is dependent on people not being well. So, not a lot of incentive in finding causes. Many doctors regard things like mucoid plaque as mere myths. They also say the same about candida overgrowth, autointoxication and such. What's worse, hardened plaque follows the contours of the large intestine and looks like the normal interior wall of the bowel.

The good news is that this mucoid plaque can be removed. One way is by using bentonite - a clay which lifts the plaque off our colon walls and passes it out through the rectum. This is all well and good, but a small word of caution on bentonite. Because it isn't very gradual, there is the potential of some clogging for a time. That's why the directions on the container will always be extremely conservative. You could actually take much more if you are careful and know what you're doing.

Note: Mucoid plaque can not be removed by raw food alone. I don't mind being wrong. If anyone has eliminated what looks like hard strips of rubber from a truck tire off the side of a freeway, by raw food alone, please let me know. Or any other other-worldly object that looks ribbed, or like a string of figs or a shish kabob, and you have done this on raw food alone, please tell me. So far, no one has come forward.

Another way of colon cleansing is colonic irrigation. I'm a huge believer in this procedure, and it is far more effective than enemas. However, colonics are not thorough, as they only remove the softer, surface plaque which becomes loosened during the colonic procedure. Also, colonics can be very expensive and many are required to be effective, even for this superficial clean out. What would be far better is colonics combined with a good colon cleanse program.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Meadowlark

Robert Gray

I'm not pushing any one program. However, Robert Gray has some interesting things to say about this whole matter.

Robert Gray wrote an interesting book called, "The Colon Health Handbook - New Health Through Colon Rejuvenation." He is one of the foremost authorities on health and nutrition in the San Francisco Bay area. A graduate of the University Of California, he is a professional member of both the International Academy of Nutritional Consultants and the American Herb Association. Here's what he has to say:

REGARDING COLONICS AND THE REMOVAL OF HARDENED PLAQUE

"Colonic irrigations: These are actually just sophisticated enemas using special equipment whereby water can enter the colon and feces can be expelled simultaneously to far exceed what can be accomplished by with a home-style enema bag. The person receiving the benefit, or a skilled operator, should control the equipment. In colonic irrigations, water is used both for loosening and removing the old feces. As far as controlling mucoid is concerned, we must understand that colonic irrigations are usually given by hire and so mucoid control is left to the discretion of the client. However, if we consult Dr. Norman Walker [a giant in the field], a foremost authority on colonic irrigations, we find a strong insistence upon the necessity for a vegetable, fruit, and juice diet in order for colonic irrigations to be of full benefit. Even so, it takes dozens of colonic irrigations performed over more than a year's time to get the maximum benefit from this procedure.

" ... Colonic irrigations alone will not remove the most hardened mucoid from the colon, and does nothing to cleanse the stomach and small intestines. ... the stagnant material in the colon is of two types. There is the putrefactive material that is still moist and decaying. This, colonic irrigations will remove. But then there is the hardened postputrefactive material that is very dry and glued into the body. This needs to be loosened by a powerful solvent before it will ever budge. The author has seen people who, after having had numerous colonic irrigations, still passed large amounts of old feces using the program of this book. We are not trying to say that colonic irrigations are a useless technique; they are quite powerful in their own sphere of activity. While there is some overlap between colonic irrigations and the authors gastrointestinal cleansing program, there are important differences also.

"Colonic irrigations harmonize well with the author's colon-cleansing program. While the program is sufficient by itself to completely cleanse the colon, faster progress can be made by supplementing it with weekly colonic irrigations. Colonic irrigation therapists have consistently been amazed at the quantity of old feces passed during irrigations performed in conjunction with the author's program."

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-30-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Meadowlark

Some Top Colon Cleansers Rated

Most colon cleanse programs consist of herbs proven to clean the colon thoroughly by gradually dissolving ALL the plaque or feces impacted against the colon walls.

There are many good herbal formulas on the market for removing this unhealthy buildup. There are also lots of comparison ratings out there. And most of them sound very much like "put up" jobs hired by the companies that sell the products. The competition has grown fierce in recent years with Bowltrol attacking Colonix who dominates the market, and the constant berating of other brands in a comparison rating that favors only one. It looks like a free-for-all in marketing dishonesty.

However, I have noticed that Oxypowder is consistently high-rated in all the comparative reviews I've seen. I personally have chosen Colonix, but plan to try Oxypowder down the road.

"Oxy-powder: For Those Hard-to-reach Intestinal Striations."

Here's what one website said about it, and I'm inclined to trust them:

"It must be mentioned that Oxy-Powder is different than other colon cleansers. Oxy-Powder is an Oxygen Colon Cleanser, whereas Colonix & Blessed Herbs are considered Herbal Colon Cleansers. They all use natural ingredients, but the difference is what it does inside of you. Herbal colon cleansers act by using ingredients like psyllium, which bulks up and attaches to the impacted fecal matter lining the walls of your colon. Oxygen Colon Cleansers do the opposite. They literally melt away the impacted fecal matter and mucoid plaque, and it's easy to expel the next day. One of the main benefits of an Oxygen Colon Cleanser, is that it's able to reach into the 'hard-to-reach' crevices and folds inside your colon, where the psyllium can't reach."

This review is well worth the read.
This site reviews:

Oxy-powder
Blessed herbs
Colpurin
Colonix
Bowtrol
Enuvia
Dual Action Cleanse

They claim they are not paid by any.
Crossing my fingers here.

To Read, click here:

http://www.coloncleansingreportcard.com/index.html

Another very respectable review is done by the following folks. They are the most comprehensive in approach. The top colon cleansing products are reviewed by the Editorial Staff of Natural Healing Today, based on ingredients, effectiveness, safety and value.
They rate:

Colonix Program by DrNatura
Oxy-Powder Starter Cleansing Kit by Global Healing Center
The Perfect Cleanse by Garden of Life
Puristat by Abbott Industries
Colpurin by Huntington Nutraceuticals
Enuvia by Enuvia Research LLC

This is a very worthwhile read.

To Read, click here:

http://www.naturalhealingtoday.com/c...t_reviews.html

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-30-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Meadowlark

Last Warning!

LAST WARNING!

HERE'S WHERE IT STARTS TO GET GROSS!

WE MEAN REALLY GROSS!!!

TALES FROM THE CRYPT!

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-05-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Meadowlark

The Root Cause and The Dirtiest Secret

The Root Cause and The Dirtiest Secret

So what is the root cause of most digestive ailments? Look at the picture below. How would you feel if long pieces of old toxin-filled fecal matter were stuck to the inside of your colon for months or even years? Would you feel constipated, bloated and lethargic? Would your bowels be irritated by this debris day in and day out causing what we call IBS? Just think about what else toxic build-up like this can cause? Stomach pain and constipation? Fatigue, gas and bloating? Headaches and indigestion? Weight gain and a large protruding belly? The list is almost endless.

"Death Begins In The Colon"

You probably never heard about this before as this is literally the dirtiest secret in America today. As the Vegetarian Times so aptly wrote:

"Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one's intestines is probably at the bottom of most people's lists. Let's face it: Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulitis and colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don't believe it? Ask any coroner. Autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80 percent with waste material." - Vegetarian Times, March, 1998

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-04-2007 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Meadowlark

Corey T., a Colonix user, also watched in amazement as some major colon build-up was being expelled from his body, despite being only 27 years of age! The adventure began after being on the program for just over a week. Corey not only journaled his cleansing experience, but also took some astounding photos. Read Corey's incredible stories and view some astonishing pictures below. (Please note that some people may find the pictures below disturbing, repulsive or down-right disgusting. All the more reason to start eliminating such build-up from your system TODAY!)

I was skeptical at first but after reading the testimonials I had to try it. I had nothing to lose. Boy was I wrong! I have lost some of the most horrific things you could imagine and I have proof! I actually brought my digital camera in the bathroom with me every time that I had to go, just in case something crazy came out. Here is a breakdown on my results.

April 1st to April 8th - Started program and didn’t feel all that different. I actually felt really clogged up and bloated but I think it was because I was drinking so much water. I did go about 3 times a day with decent results and no straining.

April 9th - Saturday Morning I woke up and passed a weird looking stool. It looked different than anything I had ever passed so I had to investigate further. I got a plastic utensil andwhacked at it a little bit. It unraveled and looked like a long piece of intestine. I picked it up with the plastic utensil and sure enough it was a 20 inch piece of awful looking matter that had probably been stuck to the walls of my intestines for many years! So I got the digital camera and took my first picture of the death that existed inside of me.

April 10th - Passed more intestine looking matter. Slightly larger in mass and had sacks.

April 11th - Passed what appeared to be a lot of worms!

April 12th through April 21st - Nothing crazy was coming out anymore. I felt great! For the first time in a long time I felt empty inside. I noticed that my stomach looked better than ever! You could see my six pack and no more love handles! Prior to this program I would watch my carbohydrate intake but not any more. I figured I look skinny why not enjoy some carbs! I was actually losing weight eating carbs because my body was digesting the food much faster. I also went and bought an exercise machine because I had the energy and drive to work out.

April 22nd - Because there was nothing crazy coming out anymore I upped my dosage to 2 scoops in the morning and doubled my water intake.

April 23rd - I woke up and passed the biggest, longest and nastiest piece of stuff I had ever seen! It was approximately 2 to 3 feet in length.

April 24th - Another very large piece of stuff came out. This was thicker than the rest. I am very glad that I upped the dosage to 2 scoops!

April 28th - This was the worst of all. This piece just looked like cancer. I cannot believe that something like this existed inside of me. I am sure that if I had never discovered this program, I would have colon cancer before I turned 50.

May 2nd - Same result as the 28th if not better. Again I am in shock. By now I have already told 20-30 people about this and when I showed them the pictures jaws dropped and they ordered it the next day. I have half of my work on the program and almost all of my friends.

May 16th - I passed yet another considerably large piece of awful looking stuff.

I know that it is gross and people do not want to see stuff like this.. If anyone is skeptical about taking this product then I encourage you to look at the pictures ask yourself if you would want something like that hanging around inside of you!

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-05-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Meadowlark

lifting thread for tomorrow morning..

ll
Old 08-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Meadowlark

Erica
I have heard that the Blessed Herbs is a great cleanse, however it is way to expensive for me right now. I hope to give it a try soon.
Raw Love
Melissa

Last edited by Raw Love : 08-04-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Meadowlark

Boulder, Colorado

Hey Melissa, this pic reminds me of Boulder. Do you live anywhere near there?

Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Meadowlark

OMG!
As a matter of fact we were there today. We went up Boulder Canyon today for a little rock climbing.
There are some photos on Alex's blog for you to check out. It was overcast and the lighting was not great, but they are still cool photo's.

That's quite the "boulder" you got there between your fingers. lol

Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Meadowlark

Pain or No Pain, that is my question?

Are these things painful comming out?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Hatchling

Thanks for helpful info.

Thanks for the helpful info--I had decided on the Blessed Herbs product for a cleanse I'd like to do after I'm done nursing my son, but based on the review I may consider the Oxy-Powder instead. It saved alot of time and product searching to find your post! (Not too gross--it seems incredibly positive to get rid of that junk!)
Old 08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversanctuary View Post
Thanks for the helpful info--I had decided on the Blessed Herbs product for a cleanse I'd like to do after I'm done nursing my son, but based on the review I may consider the Oxy-Powder instead. It saved alot of time and product searching to find your post! (Not too gross--it seems incredibly positive to get rid of that junk!)
riversanctuary - Welcome to Raw Freedom Community! Blessed Herbs is a GOOD product. And yet part of their program calls for fasting. (All colon cleanses do better with fasting, IMHO.) Yet also, BH is quite short.. something like nine days? Colonix is good. I still have plenty of Colonix to use up. Today I did a lot of Bentonite and Psyllium. As for an official kind of program, OxyPowder appears to be the best, based on my research thus far.

It is suggested that you stay away from ADs that start with "Is Colon cleansing a scam?".. then proceed to give you a pitch AGAINST Colonix and OxyPowder, and for THEIR product. Avoid all such mercenary spirit. Poor character up front is by no means good character in the end.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-20-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Meadowlark

You Are The Crown Of Creation

CLICK HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q3FeR6JlPg

My life is to survive..
And be alive...
For you.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-21-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Cleanses and Detox