Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Swallow

Adventures in 'Processed' Raw

It seems I'm catching on to making 'processed' raw. I've been going through a lot of nuts. Most of it is going into the freezer though for when hubby needs it. He has been away on business.
  • The sausage except for the little bit I broke off of one to taste it is in the freezer. Oh, and the burgers.
  • The chips except what my daughter ate and the few I tasted are in there. I preferred the lime chips to the lemon, though they both were good. My daughter loved them.
  • She wanted some dip to go with the chips so I looked up an onion dip recipe I'd seen. Didn't have but a half cup macs so used a cup of cashews and a half cup sesame seed just because it struck my fancy. YUCK!!! I didn't like it at all. It was way too salty for my taste. So added some ACV and dill weed to offset the salt. That made it better. Then just went on an adding spree; added cayenne, garlic powder, dried tomato, dried carrot, dried celery, and fresh banana pepper - all minced fine. WOW! it was great. We both loved it.
  • I wanted to try a cheesecake but don't have a pie plate or spring form pan. So decided to use a ceramic soup bowl. Also didn't really want to make a whole recipe and not like it. So made a small one using what I had on hand. Also made a sauce for it from apricots, water, and agave. My daughter said it was the best she ever had.
  • The Vitamix and little FP did have to be cleaned so we got to drink some milk as well. We swirled some water around in the FP bowl by hand, poured it into the Vitamix, and whizzed away, mmmmmm.
She came back to visit today just to get some of the dip to take home. While she was here she had another piece of cheesecake. It's half gone. Fortunately, he'll be back tonight.

Oh, and my camera he took with him.

* Carmella and Fairygirl, I left the zucchini/pate roll ups in the D too long and they shriveled up. Will try again though. It wasn't a waste though. I scraped the pate off and saved it, then just dried the zucchini crisp. My daughter tasted the dried pate and said it would be good in raw chili, so that's what it's saved for. I think the woman thinks this is becoming Ma's Raw Diner. Maybe she's right. She's been looking through recipes and has 'placed orders' for future experiments by Ma.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Mute Swan

WOW, what a great review of raw stuff!
Sounds like you are having fun, I am interested in more details of your apricot creation!! If you can please
Old 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Swallow

Danny_banny, I'll go post the recipe in the desserts area.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Meadowlark

STB, hehe sounds like you're having a blast over there. would love to be your daughter! yours is lucky!

not only that but i love how you utilize everything, down to the milk from the scrapings in the vita mix and FP. way to go!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Mute Swan

Thank you!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Swallow

Coolata and Chinese 'baby food'?

Fairygirl, you can be my daughter any time you want.

Danny_banany, you are very welcome.

I've been wanting a coolata lately. This afternoon I made one:
  • a good handful broken cashews
  • cacao powder, maybe 1 or 2 T (I just poured it)
  • coffee extract
  • water to cover
blended all that then added while blending:
  • ice
It made 3 1/2 c.

Soooooo good.

Tonight I rode with my daughter to the store and sat in the car while she ran in and got some shampoo. There was a Chinese restaurant next door and I sat there smelling it. So came home and didn't really have time to marinate and dehydrate, and didn't want the veggies hard. So I blended broccoli, green beans, garlic powder, nama shoyu, sesame oil, and a little ground flax so it wasn't watery.

It tasted good to me. My daughter laughed and said it looked like baby food. I smiled right back and said good baby food.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General