Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > What's Happening on the Raw Scene?

What's Happening on the Raw Scene? Find out about upcoming potlucks and events in your area, as well as individual or group projects.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Rawbie

Raw restaurant -- Boston

Hello everyone, including New Englanders!

I just got my most recent newsletter from Raw New England Community and there is a special announcement in it which should excite many of us.

"A Raw Restaurant in Boston to be opened by Alissa Cohen -- Grezzo (meaning Raw in Italian) opening in the North End the end of the year or early January. Yahoo!!!!!"

It is interesting that there is not much discussion about Alissa's latest project at RFT.

Erawtica, do you know anything about what Alissa is up to in Beantown? If so, can you spill some "raw" beans about it?

Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Wayne

Last edited by Rawbie : 10-23-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Hatchling

This was just posted on her forum board:

Grezzo
Alissa's Living Food Cuisine
Restaurant is Hiring

Grezzo will be opening in January 2008. Grezzo (meaning 'raw' in Italian) is Alissa's new Raw Food Restaurant in Boston's North End. The North End, which is known as 'Little Italy', is in a beautiful section of the city, right next to Faneuil Hall and Boston Harbor. Full details will be posted on Alissa's website in November and of course we will be sending out more information soon!

Looking for individuals committed to building a career in long-term growth.

Executive Chef/General Manager
Are you ready for a huge career opportunity? We are looking for the right person to manage Alissa's premiere raw food restaurant in the heart of downtown Boston. Candidate must be able to work independently, make decisions in running all aspects of the business; front and back of house. Candidates must possess the creativity and ability to develop recipes for our daily changing menu. Ensures recipes are being followed, develops recipes on a continual basis for special events, future menu changes and other events. Working knowledge and ability to run all kitchen operations; purchasing and sales. Candidates must hold formal culinary training or equivalent experience with 3-5 years management experience.

Raw Food Chef
Candidates must be passionate about raw food. You must possess the ability to produce amazing raw food cuisine.

Wait Staff
Experienced wait staff. Candidates must be responsible and have a great attitude. Knowledge with raw food or willing to train people with genuine interest in raw food.

Please send your resume to Alissa@AlissaCohen.com. Please be sure to include your name, telephone number and email address. Along with your resume, please tell us about yourself and any pertinent information you would like us to know.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Grezzo!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Hey Rawbie **** YOU ARE MEETING ME AT GRAZZO !

YOU PROMISED ! AND YOU'R BUYING ME DESSERT ! YOU OWE ME??? !!!!

Joz
Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Rawbie

Correction, Jozzie!

It is a smoothie, not a dessert! That is what I owe you for doing a wonderful favor for me.

The problem is that Alissa is not serving smoothies at the moment as I don't see them on her menu. If no smoothies are available, then I will get you a slice or two of Alissa's fudge cake!

GREZZO CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

For the base:
1 c. walnuts
1 c. pecans
1 c. dates, pitted
1/4 c. raw cacao powder

For the topping:
1/2 c. cacao powder
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. agave nectar

Prepare the base: Grind walnuts and pecans in a food processor until fine. Add the dates and cacao powder and blend until smooth and chocolatey. Remove from the food processor and, with your hands, form into four squares.

To assemble: Mix topping ingredients by hand in a small bowl. When smooth, pour the sauce on top of the base.

Refrigerate the cakes until firm.

Serves 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	698a25276f_food1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1870  
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM

I know you owe me a 'smoothie' but but now it will have to be the

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ''death'''' I mean life by Alissa's CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUM

BOSTON GRAZZO HERE WE COME !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Rawbie: If I'm driving from Worcester;;;;; I go Waltham on Rt 20 way not really go to Boston ???
Old 10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Swallow

This thread was started before Alissa made the announcement... she comes in on post 19 I think: http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthrea...t=33948&page=2. (I have the thread going backwards so you may have to play a bit with it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawbie View Post

Erawtica, do you know anything about what Alissa is up to in Beantown? If so, can you spill some "raw" beans about it?

Wayne
Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM

Hey; I'll be in Massachusetts next August; will have to go there ! Yea!. Joz
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
White Bird

This is exciting news. When I visit Boston, I stay at the Mariner's House located next door to Paul Revere's house in the North End. I wonder if it's located on the "Raw" Freedom Trail, which is the route Revere rode on his most famous ride.
I found a woman near Montpelier, VT who instructs in raw cuisine, and hosts raw pot lucks. Can't wait to get started.
Thanks for the info. Rawbie.

peace,
misotrue

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > What's Happening on the Raw Scene?