Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General

Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Protein in our Lives

http://biologyofkundalini.com/articl...ndaliniandDiet

The word protein comes from the Greek “prota” meaning of primary importance. Proteins are linear polymers built from various proportions of the 22 different L-α-amino acids. Eight of these amino acids are classified as essential because our bodies cannot synthesize them, so they must be obtained in the daily diet. Complete proteins contain all the esential amino acids. Proteins are the chief actors within the cell, carrying out duties specified by the genes. Our bodies recycle approximately 80% of our protein;

cooked protein is denatured and largely unusable.

Enzymes are proteins that catalyze chemical reactions. For digesting protein the enzymes from vegetarian sources (papain, bromelain) are more effective than from animal sources; raw kiwifruit is also rich in the protein-dissolving enzyme actinidin.

Inferior “Manufactured” Proteins
I found that when I used soy powder and whey powder (even the “low heat” variety) that I would wake up with a dull headache in the back of the neck and feel congested. Dr. John Ray found that synthetic amino acid formulations (containing L-form amino acids) tend to be associated with regression of the iris fibers, indicating a decrease of vitality in the body tissues. He also found that many of the body-building protein powders (whey and fractionated egg-white) seem to produce lymphatic congestion, indicating congestion of the intracellular spaces with undigested material. There is evidence that hydrolyzed protein fragments (peptides) cross the small intestine and reach periferal tissue via the circulation. If denatured manufactured proteins are largely unusable, fragments of them will end up clogging the lymphatic system. Soy-based protein concentrates are also advised against as they contain antinutrients and goitrogens. Soy also contains Trypsin inhibitors that interfere with protein digestion, not to mention the phytoestrogens that stimulate cancer growth.

More reasons why not to include dairy and soy products in your diet and smoothies.

We have heard that the lactose in dairy cannot be digested by most adults, but perhaps you have not yet heard about Insulin-like Growth Factor. Insulin-like Growth Factor stimulates weight gain and contributes to cancer development, faster growth and earlier aging…and it is found in high amounts in dairy…because milk is meant for stimulating the fast growth of young animals. But it is even higher in soy according to John McDougall, MD. Also carbohydrates/sugar increase cancer rates because high blood sugar and insulin levels result in an elevation of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1, which raises the risk of cancer. www.drmcdougall.com/res_breast_cancer2.html

So how do we get our protein?
Following are some raw protein suggestions that you can add to your smoothie instead of using manufactured protein powders. To gain maximum benefit while eliminating the enzyme inhibitors, it is best to either soak and/or sprout nuts and seeds prior to grinding for your smoothie. One way you can do this is to put 1⁄4 cup (one smoothie worth) of your seed/nut mix in a yogurt container with lots of little holes poked in the bottom. Put this inside another yogurt container and cover the seeds and nuts with water. I usually only soak my seeds and nuts for about 4 hours. Then throw out the soak water and grow on in the fridge for a day or two. A blender grinds the plant protein mix up perfectly, thus this seed/nut mixture is ideal in a smoothie to provide adequate protein, without the morning neck headache and lymphatic congestion of the manufactured protein powders.

Protein Suggestions
Following is a list of the protein contained in 100g:
Cashews-17.2g, Almonds-16.9g, Apricot kernels-27.5g, Peanuts-24.3g, Pine nuts-14g, Pistachios-19.3g, Pumpkin seeds-29g, Sesame seeds-26.4g, Sunflower seeds-24g, Flax seeds-25-30 g, Hemp seed-33g, Goji berries-15g, Maca root-10g, Carob-18.g, Raw Cacao 17.8g, Spirulina-70g, Alfalfa leaf-20g and Alfalfa sprouts-35g. Buckwheat seed-11.36g; Free amino acid contents in buckwheat sprouts are almost four-times higher than those of buckwheat seeds. Wheatgerm-23g protein. Sweet nutty flavored raw Mesquite powder-11–17g protein.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:25 PM
White Bird

Did anybody say finger sandwiches?

Do you think Charlie and Harry are getting enough protein???hehehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mkYz...eature=related
and then there is this;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlg...eature=related
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
White Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by misotrue View Post
Do you think Charlie and Harry are getting enough protein???hehehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mkYz...eature=related
and then there is this;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlg...eature=related
Joz,

Have you taken a peek at this? I love it! Reminds me of my two sons.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General