Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Hatchling

why is it so hard to go low fat raw vegan?

erytime I try to I binge on cooked food! and I had ice cream and now I feel like I have spoiled cheese I'm my mouth? why is this happeneing?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Hatchling

I'm not incredibly wise in the ways of raw, but I would guess that you might be reaching for cooked food because you're not eating enough calories and/or fat to keep you satisfied. If you're elimating all cooked food, you really need to make sure you're getting enough calories and nutrients to keep your body (and brain) running. Not all fat is bad, and if you're trying to keep the fat low, really make it count, with small portions of flax or avocado, so you get something satisfying and creamy to appease your senses. More bang for your buck, if you will.

I'm sure other folks around here will have more words of wisdom.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtornados21 View Post
I feel like I have spoiled cheese I'm my mouth? why is this happeneing?

It's your body telling you that it does not want want or appreciate what you have eaten/given it. In a way that is such a good happening.........it's just us not listening to our body and binging and eting wrong foods and suffering then doing it all over again.

Go Raw Go Healthy: Joz
Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Meadowlark

Cassie is right. You may feel full from all the fiber, but it's likely you're just not eating enough. It takes a large volume of raw foods to get 2000 calories and up.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Hatchling

balance

maybe Being in a middle path can help you. if you go back and fourth not much is getting done, right? but if you make slow steady progress, this is creating positive, happy space in your life. i think we all have gone through this (in different areas of life too) and youll get the hang of it. dont try to do very low fat, if you find yourself eating foods that make you feel bad. alot of times when we react by eating foods that arent great for us, we may need something in them- minerals, vitamins, elements, etc... or we may want texture or taste.
Dont worry, youll get there
Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Hatchling

I have to agree with recycledsoul. Take it slowly and gradually work up to where you want to be. Going cold-turkey is too much of a shock on your system and is just asking for big hard rebound. Start with one meal a day and do that for a couple weeks or a month, then step up to two meals, etc.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
luckitri

Now that I include nuts and have proper equipment I find it much easier to stay 100%. If I have properly fed myself with raw I do not snack late at night (or anytime) and do not need to grab the SAD food laying around. It is not even a choice - I don't even think of it even though it is in my face. Now that is not to say I am 100% - due to recent surgery and allergy to antibiotics I have eaten SAD due to physical weakness and trying to quell the stomach pain caused by the antibiotics - but am getting better now so back to 100%!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Swallow

yes!!!

i am so glad that this little love bundle made it through.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Mountain Blue Bird

The above responses are great suggestions and ideas to explore or implement.

You might also look into the effect of seasons/weather on your food choices. I've noticed that as the temperature drops (I live way up in northern Québec!), that I require more fats or denser foods (roots veggies, for example). It goes along the principles of eating seasonally. In the summer, I happily munch on mostly (if not exclusively) greens, fresh veggies and some fruits. I don't seem to require dehydrated foods or nuts or complicated dishes. When comes fall and winter, that D goes into overtime! lol

And of course, there is always the issue of emotional eating. A subject in itself.

Go with the flow: always good advise!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'