Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Healthy Kids > Healthy Kids General

Old 12-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Children to eat more Fruits/Vegetables how to:

“I Want My Child to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables. So What Can I Do?” - First, let me congratulate you on wanting to help your child eat more fruits and vegetables. That’s great! Although well-intended, many parents use unknowingly use methods that actually discourage children from eating and preferring fruits and vegetables. The purpose of this document is to provide you with the do's and don'ts when trying to increase children's preferences and intake of fruits and vegetables....
- Introduction to a study by Brandi Rollins, MS, PhDc

You might remember Brandi Rollins who came on stage during my talk at Raw Spirit Fest and spoke about how to get kids to eat more vegetables...She also promised to let me put her "how-to" guide online so you could access it for free..... And here it is! http://www.TheGardenDiet.com/kidsvegstudy.pdf

In summary, the guide is based on the latest research on the development of food preferences in childhood. It shows that when you restrict a food, the child desires it more. It also shows that when children are frequently offered fruits and vegetables, or have the opportunity to reach for easily available fruits and vegetables, this will increase their likelihood of eating more fruits and vegetables.

Brandi Rollins is with the Center for Childhood Obesity Research at Penn State University on a fellowship funded by the National Institutes of Health, and her specialty is in food preferences and eating for pleasure. I joke that she spends her vacations with us to research our family, but I think the truth is that we remind her of her own family growing up. I think she also likes our food! One of the happiest people I've ever met, we've also become great friends.

In Joy!
Jinjee
http://www.TheGardenDiet.com
Old 01-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Hatchling

I think the most important thing is to start when they are little. My kids have been eating fresh fruits and veggies since they had their first table foods. Due to that people are always amazed that they will eat almost every fruit and veggie out there and will usually ask for it before junk food.

We also talk regularly about eating healthy and what "bad" foods will do to their bodies. Kids are far more intelligent and willing to learn about more than most parents give them credit for.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNicNicole View Post
I think the most important thing is to start when they are little.
NicNicNicole, I totally agree with you. As I also just think the same and the more thing is that I also like the information which is shown here but we should habit our children when they are little and don't understand anything that what is good for them and not.

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Healthy Kids > Healthy Kids General