Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Healthy Kids > Healthy Kids General

Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Swallow

This is scary

I got this article in an email from babycenter. It came from mealsmatter. They are talking about how dairy is so important for your kids that even if they are lactose intolerant they should be able to handle some and hey even if all they will drink is the highly sweetened colored milks that's ok too, as long as they are getting their milk! Think of all the parents reading this and becoming even more brainwashed!

http://www.dairycouncilofca.org/PDFs...yths_final.pdf
Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Meadowlark

I think it is really sad and scary that these people call themselves Doctors. The pathetic thing is that this country is full of these so called Doctors. I have no faith in the American medical profession at all anymore, they do brainwash people and keep them all comming back for more. No one relies on themselves or their instincts at all anymore. Extremely sad!

Thanks for sharing, Suzi. How are you feeling today?

Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Swallow

Thanks for asking! I feel better. My eye is still really pink. I have been using homeopathic pink eye stuff, but if it is bacterial I don't know if that's supposed to work? I started getting diarrhea again last night and I took some homeopathic stuff and it happened again so I took 2 charcoal tablets and i made it through the night with only one small episode. It seems to flair up at night mostly? Weird. Oh, and my cough is gone!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Finch

Angry Boo!

That article is so full of crap!

But, the website was the dairy council......
Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hi;

here is a great article about GMO's and the fact that children are more susceptible than adults (includes some GMO info on milk)

article

blessings

Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Mute Swan

sources

It is sad how blind ppl are to the sources of info, like that article, as you pointed out, is by the dairy industry!!!!!!!
I find ppl don't know how to put 2 and 2 together...
(I don't always either, but sometimes, it sooo is obvious!!)

Hmmm, do you think they have a vested interest???
Old 09-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Meadowlark

Exclamation More goodies that you don't know about!!!

Genetically engineered Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH/BST) in your milk
Both the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) and the Consumer's Union, publisher of Consumer Reports magazine, have warned of the potential hazards to human health caused by consuming products derived from rBGH-treated cows.
Why is BGH is banned in Europe and Canada? Mad Cows Disesase Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)
What is rBGH?
Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone is a genetically engineered copy of a naturally occurring hormone produced by cows. Manufactured by Monsanto Company, the drug is sold to dairy farmers under the name POSILAC, though you'll also find it called BGH, rBGH, BST and rBST. When rBGH gets injected into dairy cows, milk production increases by as much as 10-15%. The use of rBGH on dairy cows was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in late 1993 and has been in use since 1994.
Genetically engineered Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH)
Both the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO) and the Consumer's Union, publisher of Consumer Reports magazine, have warned of the potential hazards to human health caused by consuming products derived from rBGH-treated cows.
While rBGH is banned in Europe and Canada, and has been boycotted by 95 percent of US dairy farmers, the FDA, Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Agriculture continue to license the drug (and other new genetically engineered foods) without pre-market safety tests. Thanks to industry pressure, genetically engineered foods are NOT required to carry identifying labels. According to the US Federal Office of Management and Budget the projected increase in milk production caused by rBGH introduction will cost American taxpayers an additional $116 million of dollars for further price supports in 1995 alone. And what about the cows? rBGH use will cause suffering to millions of animals: rBGH is like "crack" for cows. It "revs" their system and forces them to produce a lot more milk - but it also makes them sick. Even the FDA admits that cows injected with rBGH could suffer from increased udder infections (mastitis), severe reproductive problems, digestive disorders, foot and leg ailments, and persistent sores and lacerations
"There have been no long term studies of BGH's effects on humans. The congressional General Accounting Office has warned of the potential human health hazards from the consumption of milk or flesh (about 40% of the beef used to make hamburgers come from "old" dairy cows) derived from BGH-treated cows. The Consumer's Union went on to state that the FDA should not have even approved it. BGH "treatment" causes significantly increased levels of another growth hormone called IGF-1 in the milk, according to a 1990 study sponsored by Monsanto and published in Science. Bovine IGF-1 is identical to the IGF-1 naturally found in humans.
rBGH (recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone), is a genetically non-engineered (GE) potent variant of the natural growth hormone produced by cows. Manufactured by Monsanto, it is sold to dairy farmers under the trade name POSILAC. Injection of this GE hormone forces cows to increase their milk production by about 10%. Monsanto and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) insist that rBGH milk is indistinguishable from natural milk and safe to cows and consumers. However:
* rBGH makes cows sick. Monsanto has been forced to admit to about 20 veterinary health risks on its Posilac label including mastitis and udder inflammation.
* rBGH milk is contaminated by pus from mastitis induced by rBGH, and antibiotics used to treat the mastitis.
* rBGH milk is contaminated by the GE hormone which can be absorbed through the gut and induce immunological effects.
* rBGH milk is chemically and nutritionally very different from natural milk.
* rBGH milk is supercharged with high levels of a natural growth factor (IGF-1), excess levels of which have been incriminated as major causes of breast, colon, and prostate cancers.
* rBGH factory farms pose a major threat to the viability of small dairy farms. Thus, rBGH
enriches Monsanto while posing risks but no benefits to the entire U.S. population.
The health hazards to animals, the detriment to small farms, the cover-up in Monsanto, all the negatives attached to rGBH are in no way balanced by any benefits of increased milk production in view of the national surplus.

To read the rest go to this site for more in depth goodies that you donít know about!
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/bgh.htm

The sad truth is that milk is so full of junk that most people have no idea what they are drinking and what they are giving to their family. They've been brought up to believe that everything on the market is good for them because it's in the food pyrimad, that put out by the dairy company's also the dairy company also own all the soy milk companies it's a great way for them to diversify and still control the markets.....Okay I'll jump off my soap box,( so to speak)......

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Healthy Kids > Healthy Kids General