Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Chickadee

Smile my mom wants green smoothies

So I got my mom to read Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko, and now she wants me to make her some green smoothies for a while to see how she feels. Hurraw! She requested that I make her a cup a day for a week. I recommended that she bump it up to a quart, and maybe a month instead of a week. We'll see.

So today I went out and stocked up. I got:

bananas
kale
spinach
carrot greens
celery
alfalfa sprouts
parsley
...and there's mint growing in the back yard.

This is kind of a big step for me. My mom has tried my green smoothies in the past and liked them (much to her surprise), but absolutely everybody in my family is a SAD eater: aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, in-laws, etc... I'm the only vegetarian.

I'm really glad to have a positive influence on my parents in this way. They seriously love their junk food... pizza and candy and cake and coffee and ice cream and so on. Oh, and of course, flesh. No greens. No organics. Very little raw food on occasion. How in the heck did I turn out like I did?

Ah well... I'm glad to be me.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Chickadee

Wow!!!! That's great news!!! ...and I think as with most things it's attraction not promotion. I, too, come from the same kind of family as yours and I have to say that seeing how many illnesses could of been prevented I want to do things different.

Victoria's book is one I've given out so many times and I keep hoping it'll change people yet I know they have to want to feel better...

Your mom will be an inspiration to those around her and I sure hope she does the quart vs. the cup...but then again, baby steps!!!

I can feel your joy, thanks for sharing...Elaine
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Chickadee

Just made the first day's batch. It's delicious!

4 bananas
water to cover
spinach to the top of the blender
about two T of alfalfa sprouts
2 leaves of kale
a few sprigs of parsley
the top of one carrot
2 stalks of celery

I made two identical batches... one for her, one for me. I'm just finishing mine off. Hers is in the fridge for when she gets home.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Chickadee

Yum!!!!!....my favorite has celery, cucumber and a fruit...today the fruit was an orange but usually an apple....oh, and some seasonings...oh, and some lemon juice....

At school today as I was pouring my smoothie into a cup at break time I had a few gather around to see what I was drinking...some said, 'oh, it looks so good and healthy', others said, 'that looks disgusting'...so, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I love them.

Happy and healthy day to you and your mom, Elaine

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'