Posted in Karen Knowler
's Successfully Raw
Maca has such a strong taste it's not always to everyone's liking, but if you've tried it before and have given up on it or after reading this week's recipe are now keen to try it, then here's a recipe that will make it much more enjoyable - even I like it!!
(Makes one large glass)
* 1 cup almonds
* 3 cups water
* 1 level Tablespoon of maca powder
* 2 Medjool dates OR 2 Tablespoons light agave nectar
1) Place almonds and water in a blender and blend on high speed until nuts are completely broken and almond milk is created.
2) Strain the almond milk through a fine sieve or nut milk bag into a bowl or jug. Save pulp for a dessert recipe, for dehydrating into almond flour, or compost.
3) Rinse blender and add back in the strained nut milk.
4) Add the maca powder and your chosen sweetener and blend.
5) Taste test for sweetness and add more maca or dates or agave if required.
6) When you have your perfect blend, write it down, pour it out, sip slowly ~ and prepare to feel the "maca magic"!
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* This is a drink that's a great post breakfast drink or snack or one for late evening when it's too late to eat.