Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Meet RFC's Caretakers

Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Hummingbirds - Caretakers

Smile About RFC's Caretakers

Hi Everyone!!! (Anyone?)

Why does this feel like we're talking to ourselves? Whatever, let's be optimistic and Believe. (Build it, and they will come!)

Well, we are Don and Carmella, and we are the founders of Raw Freedom Community Forum. We live tucked away in the Slocan Valley mountains of Southern BC, along with our extended furry family: Kylo, Angel and DaPuss. You could call us the 'permanent residents' of the Benailse Retreat Center, where we lead a mostly contemplative lifestyle.

We spend most of our days walking our animal friends, doing the Five Tibetans, Qi-Gong, and creating raw delights. A great deal of our time and energy is also going towards this forum. Besides blogging about her latest ‘rawdventures’ on The Sunny Raw Kitchen, Carmella is also working on a number of projects. She has just released her first ebook, 'The Best Of The Sunny Raw Kitchen' and is planning to release a series of recipe ebooks in collaboration with Heathy and Raw Freedom Community members.

Here's a little about what our general intention is for our lives, and how we are approaching it.

Don: Back aways now (1979 ish) we happened to 'see' the necessity to make a Radical shift in our 'life path'. (Thanks to some personal crisis and the teachings of J. Krishnamurti.) This caused us to completely dedicate our life to the quest for Freedom, and that determination continues to this day. As someone said, "I chose the path less travelled, and it has made all the difference."

For me it was a journey alone until Carmella joined us, 6 or 7 years ago. (Time!) We now are living in the 'boonies' of the Slocan Valley, BC with three furry fellow life travellers: Kylo, Angel and DaPuss. We all love nature and being 'far from the maddening crowd'. It's only through this medium that we get to connect with others, and this is our attempt to make the most of the opportunity.

Carmella: My life took a 180 degrees turn, back in 2000, when I decided to leave what made up my world at the time, and moved to BC. I ended up landing on Don’s doorstep (quite literally!) and that marked the beginning of what has turned out to be an incredible adventure in self-discovery.

One of the major changes that took place was my embracing a Raw Food Diet, which has played a key part in this inner transformation I've been undergoing. Earlier this year, my love of writing and raw food preparation led me to launch my blog, The Sunny Raw Kitchen, where I've been sharing my best information, recipes and tips in regards to the raw diet.

'The Sunny Raw Community Kitchen' section of this forum is an extension of my desire to assist others on their own journey to Raw and a healthier lifestyle.

Don and I have been holding the vision of building a community for years, although we never imagined that it would be a virtual one!

We're looking forward to getting to know everyone who decides to join and share of themselves, as we intend to in this, our new web-based 'home'.

Blessings,

Don and Carmella

Photos:
- Here we are, the whole family with our little friend, Dorje
- Kylo
- Angel
- DaPuss
- Paradise Valley Road on which we live...

... and the view of the Slocan Valley from the look out, close to the retreat center.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FurryFamily3.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	85  Click image for larger version

Name:	KyloWinterW.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	86  Click image for larger version

Name:	angelW.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	338  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DaPussFaceW.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	339  Click image for larger version

Name:	ParadiseValleyRdW.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	340  Click image for larger version

Name:	DonandCarmellaPoint2W.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	341  

Last edited by Carmella : 12-19-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Hatchling

hi don and carmella!

thanks so much for doing this! I think it's a great idea and look forward to getting to know others in our community.

love sheila
Old 05-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hatchling

Carmella & Don,

Thank you for starting this forum! I have been drawn to The Sunny Raw Kitchen because when I visit I feel like I'm spending time with a long lost friend. Best of luck in your new adventure!!!

Kristy
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hi Kristy,

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. At least now, you no longer have to just listen to me talk! he he

Looking forward to listening to you too!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Hatchling

Don & Carmella

Huge gratitude for setting up these forums..... I've just found them and I'm so glad I did
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Meadowlark

Dear Don & Carmella,

I am just now getting around to other parts of the forum I missed. I mostly look at the "New Posts" as they are the most currently active. It's been quite the flurry coming in with the change of forums and all. Things do seem to be settling down quite nicely now, with few bumps on the road. All in all, I'm sure that peace & harmony shall exist between the two forums.

Some things are not by accident. I believe that souls are drawn together for a reason other than the simple questions of "how may we best eat." (Although in such a day and age, such reason could be sufficient unto itself.) There are simple reasons, and perhaps some more profound, such as cosmic laws of attraction which cause some to draw together as opposed to this group or yet another.
Like-visioned, like-minded, yet diverse, we are able to transcend small differences and embrace the greater whole of our collective expression.

Raw Freedom Community is appealing because it calls out of us our higher judgments, our best in terms of how we relate to others, as we salute in one another the great Dignity that each person possesses.

The quest for Freedom and Safety are ever at odds in the unfolding of human affairs. And thus the pendulum swings from one extreme to another, in the course of history, until it comes to a peaceful rest at its center.

Raw Freedom Community draws us into its peaceful center. And, we are all likewise, called to come into our own.

Thank you Don & Carmella for starting something so Beautiful.

It resonates.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-01-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thanks guys! All I can say is that it feels great to be putting this resource out there!

FG,

We so feel that way too about how everything happens for a reason, attraction, growth and coming to balance.

"Build it and they will come" they say. Well, it looks like it's happening. Beautiful souls converging to this web home.

Such a pleasure to be walking the path with you all!

Blessings,

Carmella
Old 08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Hatchling

What a cute little boy! Is he your son? Thanks for a great forum!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Quote:
What a cute little boy! Is he your son? Thanks for a great forum!
Well, nisolu, that would indeed be a miracle, since Carm and myself aren't a couple in the usual sense and have never had sexual intercourse together (although extremely intimate in every other way.)

the boy was the son of friends visiting at the time of the picture

thanx for your interest and hope you find your time with us all here on RFC very beneficial and rewarding. look forward to getting to know you better with time together here on this every members virtual home.

all blessings

don

Old 08-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

Thank you Carmella and Don for creating such a spiritual little community. I feel I'm blessed to find you and this is no coincidence. Something wonderful is happening here and I have the feeling it has a purpose. I'm so excited to watch these beautiful souls coming together and creating something amazing...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Meadowlark

Thank you again! I'm looking at all of the little nooks and crannies here and the way the community is set up, and it's giving me goosebumps! You can just feel the love that went into making this a place of support and a real community!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Carmella View Post
Hi Everyone!!! (Anyone?)

Why does this feel like we're talking to ourselves? Whatever, let's be optimistic and Believe. (Build it, and they will come!)

Well, we are Don and Carmella, and we are the founders of Raw Freedom Community Forum. We live tucked away in the Slocan Valley mountains of Southern BC, along with our extended furry family: Kylo, Angel and DaPuss. You could call us the 'permanent residents' of the Benailse Retreat Center, where we lead a mostly contemplative lifestyle.

We spend most of our days walking our animal friends, doing the Five Tibetans, Qi-Gong, and creating raw delights. A great deal of our time and energy is also going towards this forum. Besides blogging about her latest ‘rawdventures’ on The Sunny Raw Kitchen, Carmella is also working on a number of projects. She has just released her first ebook, 'The Best Of The Sunny Raw Kitchen' and is planning to release another ebook,”Maha’raw’dja’s Feast”, later this year and is also preparing a series of recipe ebooks in collaboration with Heathy and Raw Freedom Community members.

Here's a little about what our general intention is for our lives, and how we are approaching it.

Don: Back aways now (1979 ish) we happened to 'see' the necessity to make a Radical shift in our 'life path'. (Thanks to some personal crisis and the teachings of J. Krishnamurti.) This caused us to completely dedicate our life to the quest for Freedom, and that determination continues to this day. As someone said, "I chose the path less travelled, and it has made all the difference."

For me it was a journey alone until Carmella joined us, 6 or 7 years ago. (Time!) We now are living in the 'boonies' of the Slocan Valley, BC with three furry fellow life travellers: Kylo, Angel and DaPuss. We all love nature and being 'far from the maddening crowd'. It's only through this medium that we get to connect with others, and this is our attempt to make the most of the opportunity.

Carmella: My life took a 180 degrees turn, back in 2000, when I decided to leave what made up my world at the time, and moved to BC. I ended up landing on Don’s doorstep (quite literally!) and that marked the beginning of what has turned out to be an incredible adventure in self-discovery.

One of the major changes that took place was my embracing a Raw Food Diet, which has played a key part in this inner transformation I've been undergoing. Earlier this year, my love of writing and raw food preparation led me to launch my blog, The Sunny Raw Kitchen, where I've been sharing my best information, recipes and tips in regards to the raw diet.

'The Sunny Raw Community Kitchen' section of this forum is an extension of my desire to assist others on their own journey to Raw and a healthier lifestyle.

Don and I have been holding the vision of building a community for years, although we never imagined that it would be a virtual one!

We're looking forward to getting to know everyone who decides to join and share of themselves, as we intend to in this, our new web-based 'home'.

Blessings,

Don and Carmella

Photos:
- Here we are, the whole family with our little friend, Dorje
- Kylo
- Angel
- DaPuss
- Paradise Valley Road on which we live...

... and the view of the Slocan Valley from the look out, close to the retreat center.
Dear Carmella and Don:

I just love the photo of you both (or your backs...lol!) looking at the mountains....WOW!!!! what a beautiful view and it is so peaceful to look at that photo!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Love and Blessings,

Pansy

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Meet RFC's Caretakers