Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Photo Album

Photo Album Have any great pics to share? This is the place!

Old 01-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Hatchling

Hi Shella,

Yeah, I agree, best to get out of the 'diet' kind of thinking. What helps me is to take it to the 'lifestyle' level.

Here's what I eat, generally, though it varies, and I am constantly listening to my very wise body and tweak accordingly. I don't focus on fats or fruit, nor do I exclude them overall...but if my body says "not today"...I don't.

I make a green smoothie every morning, I eat fruit, I eat stuff like avocado sandwiches on sprouted grain, dips, tortillas, I eat some dehydrated stuff like pizza, crackers, etc and I eat raw deserts but only once in a while. This winter, I'm guilty of eating SAD soups at Caper's grocery store (at their salad bar). I'm probably forgetting something...I haven't had my coffee yet. Yes I see the irony.

In the beginning, when I was in the middle of my 'breakup' from cooked foods I ate a lot more. Here's a week of the way I ate. It worked great, but now I find I need less of everything. Plus, I was new to raw, and a keener I'm lazier now It took a while to get out of that 3 meals per day thinking, or even 5 little meals per day thinking, and now I just eat when I'm truly hungry.

From May to August I was raw until dinner, at which time I'd steam a meal of vegetables and fish or chicken. I lost about 40 lbs then, a lot of which was the beer I'd just quit From August to November, I went 100% raw, meaning raw dinner as well...though to this day, I struggle with coffee and hot soup. I chalk it up to addiction and winter, lol.

To my green smoothie, I add maca, aloe, coconut oil, cacao, goji to my greens which include romaine, spinach and sometimes chard or kale, depending what's in the fridge...along with apple, banana, blueberries and lately raspberries (the berries are frozen but the apple/banana aren't.)

cheers,
Rawkin'
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Hatchling

Thanks so much! It sounds like we're very similar in our eating (only I'm missing out on the dehydrated goodies....as I'm dehydratorless! ). Oh, and I seem to be addicted to a particular raw dessert (brownies), and feel the need to have them every night! But I'm hoping that too shall pass! Anyway, enough about me....thanks again for sharing, and again I say congratulations! You should be so proud of your accomplishment!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Hatchling

You're most welcome, Shella

I love raw brownies too!!!! Mmmmmmmm so good.

Steve and I went through a phase of eating them a LOT for a while there, so I know what you mean. I do notice that if I go heavy on nuts for say, a whole week, I feel it and even see my waist pudge more in my jeans. It doesn't take much. But on the happy side of that, it doesn't take much to tweak it, either, and get it back to normal.

Take care,
Rawkin'

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Photo Album