Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats

Old 06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
luckitri

Mosaica, no margarine tubs but could line a teflon cake pan with saran.

Joz, thanks for posting the vid of Ani Phyo's Raspberry Ganache. Will try that one next even though don't have exact amounts. Will have to buy David Wolfe's cacao nibs at HFS and grind to a powder unless somebody kindly tells me that won't work.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Meadowlark

Luckitri, if you have some regular cocoa leftover, I'd use that rather than ground nibs as they will stay gritty. I tried once. If you can find the nibs, can't you find powder though?

That's awesome that your family liked it! That's how I converted my hubby. Only desserts, green smoothies, and side salads at first. Little by little, he started preferring raw. For green juices, he said they tasted like lawn at first. Now he drinks 8 ounces easily. I'm actually starting a group in my town to order bulk produce and split it without a profit to lower costs. All these greens juices will ruin me lol
When he asks for cooked, it's always healthy. Yesterday, he asked for a "pizza" from the Thrive Diet. All vegan, with a crust made of sesame seeds, raw chickpea flour, and sweet potato. Baby steps
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
luckitri

Thanks for the tip Velvet. I ground it in the Vitamix but have not tasted for grittiness yet. Have not seen the powder - need to make an order but must give husband incentive. What I have is not enough for the recipe anyways.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckitri View Post
Mosaica, no margarine tubs but could line a teflon cake pan with saran.

Joz, thanks for posting the vid of Ani Phyo's Raspberry Ganache. Will try that one next even though don't have exact amounts. Will have to buy David Wolfe's cacao nibs at HFS and grind to a powder unless somebody kindly tells me that won't work.
Lukitri,

Did you see this link with exact amounts for the Ganache?
http://rawepicurean.net/2009/05/10/r...he-fudge-cake/

Let us know if you make it!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Hatchling

Do you think this basic idea would work with berries or some other juicy fruits?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Do you think this basic idea would work with berries or some other juicy fruits?
Hi Cassie ~ This is just my humble opinion, but I'm wondering if berries would be sweet enough, they tend to be somewhat tart and even moreso when frozen. The pineapple is sweet enough to carry this off.

But, hey - you could always cut the recipe back and give it a try! **
Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebB View Post
Hi Cassie ~ This is just my humble opinion, but I'm wondering if berries would be sweet enough, they tend to be somewhat tart and even moreso when frozen. The pineapple is sweet enough to carry this off.

But, hey - you could always cut the recipe back and give it a try! **
Hmmm -- good thought, DebB. Thanks! I got a good price on 4 pints (I think they're pints) of raspberries yesterday at the farmer's market. Maybe if I mixed in some other fruit ... Of course, I've just been reaching into the fridge and popping those little jewels in my mouth every time I'm in the kitchen, so I might not need to make a dessert.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats