Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Meadowlark

Green Star Juicer! Who has one?

Anyone out there using a Green Star Juicer? Do you still love it? Do you make other things besides juices? Do you ever homogenize nuts for pates or things like croqettes?

Does it really do wheatgrass?

Would love to hear about your green star experiences!

Much appreciated :-)
Old 08-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Meadowlark

I don't use one, but I do what the people at juicefeasting.com do, which is blend in the vitamix and strain through a nut bag. For wheatgrass, you could add it to the juices, or you could get a manual Lexen which juices wheatgrass really well in no time, and clean up is super easy ($40).
Just my 2 cents in case the Green Star seems too expensive. I'd love to get one some day though, but for now, the vita mix works really really well.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I don't use one, but I do what the people at juicefeasting.com do, which is blend in the vitamix and strain through a nut bag. For wheatgrass, you could add it to the juices, or you could get a manual Lexen which juices wheatgrass really well in no time, and clean up is super easy ($40).
Just my 2 cents in case the Green Star seems too expensive. I'd love to get one some day though, but for now, the vita mix works really really well.
Hi Joanna, I might try the Vitamix method first. My husband recently got inspired to juice after meeting Natasha Kyssa, Matt Monarch & Angela Stokes within the last 4 days (we had a small wave of visits ). So he's really wanting to get into juicing, especially the green juices. I'm also very interested in incorporating green juices into my diet!Yet we know nothing about this stuff....I'll check out that website. Thanks!

Joyce
Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Meadowlark

I love green juices!
My morning juices are usually (depending on the season):
- 1 large cucumber, or half a head of lettuce
- 3-4 leaves of kale, depending on the size of the cucumber
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 1 cube ginger
- A bit of water to get the vita mix going.
(really similar to Natalia Rose's recipe).

Can't live without green juices! It takes second to blend, and second to clean the bag. At juicefeasting.com, they say to soak the bag in hydrogen peroxide overnight every week or so to clean it well. Clean up is like cleaning after green smoothies! Seconds also. I really wanted a juicer, but this method is so quick and easy, and you can squeeze every last drop, that I really wonder how I can justify the expense... It'd be cool to have one, just not necessary I think.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Meadowlark

You met Matt and Angela? Are they as sweet as they appear to be? Angela specially
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Meadowlark

Cool! Thanks for the recipe Joanna! Much appreciated. It sounds easy enough.

Yes Matt and Angela are super nice and very cool! They did a talk in Montpelier Vermont this past tuesday. If they come around to your area definitely check them out. Tickets were $25 each but I still found it worth it for both of us...

gotta run, my carpool is here now! yay!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Hatchling

Hi Joyce;

I have a Green Star juicer and really enjoy using it every day. I juice wheat grass first thing in the morning and then later a vegetable combination. I also homogenize nuts and seeds for pate's and seed cheese as well. I does a great job all around.

Take care, Paul.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by crkdjwlr View Post
Hi Joyce;

I have a Green Star juicer and really enjoy using it every day. I juice wheat grass first thing in the morning and then later a vegetable combination. I also homogenize nuts and seeds for pate's and seed cheese as well. I does a great job all around.

Take care, Paul.
Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your reply! That's wonderful that you juice both wheat grass and then a veggie juice on a daily basis. We really need to be doing something like that too! And I'm also so glad you're making other stuff like the pates and seed cheeses. I'm also hoping to do that too!

Again, thanks for posting! Nice to hear the green star is working well!

Cheers!
Joyce
Old 08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
coco

i sold mine after a while. if you are juicing sprouts or wheatgrass that kind of juicer is really handy but... it foamed up way too much with the grass and especially with anything else, even hard fruit like apples. plus it was a mess to clean and it did cost all that money... now i have an omega which was a fraction of the price. it is not as sturdy by any stretch of the imagination but i don't use it very much at all. i use a centrifical force juicer, i'm not worried about it oxidizing, i drink that juice so fast it doesn't matter much to me about that. it will do greens too, you just have to alternate them with solid fruits and/or veg.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
i sold mine after a while. if you are juicing sprouts or wheatgrass that kind of juicer is really handy but... it foamed up way too much with the grass and especially with anything else, even hard fruit like apples. plus it was a mess to clean and it did cost all that money... now i have an omega which was a fraction of the price. it is not as sturdy by any stretch of the imagination but i don't use it very much at all. i use a centrifical force juicer, i'm not worried about it oxidizing, i drink that juice so fast it doesn't matter much to me about that. it will do greens too, you just have to alternate them with solid fruits and/or veg.
Thanks for your input coco! That's a bummer about the greens foaming up! I've heard that about the wheatgrass too. For such an outrageous price tag, you'd think the juice should come out great!

I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Some folks rave about the green star, while others aren't satisfied...is there not a perfect machine that won't cost over $500

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General