Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Rawndez-Vous Cyber Cafe

Rawndez-Vous Cyber Cafe A Place To Mingle With Other RFC Singles

Old 01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I totally recommend setting up your own co-op. That's what I do and it's saving me lots of $$. There is no way I could have afforded to eat all organic before! But it was a priority to me, and I'm very happy I made it work.
You rock!

And Christopher, ROTF about the comment about being 'the creeper in the produce aisle', LOL!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Meadowlark

Talking

Hello Christopher James,
Welcome to this site. It's a totally laid back place to come and explore. People here are really relative as I see you Have found out. The dating thing as a rawfoodist can be up and down. Really depends on how anal you are with yourself and others. I Had a girl that I was dating and she was into cleaning up her diet and learning about how to be chemical free. Just not as much as I was. So I could not unleash the vast amount of knowledge that I had stocked up. She was changing but at a slower pace than me. Keep striving for yourself and she'll come around. If not there 7 females to 1 male.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Meadowlark

And people DO change if you don't ram it down their throats and make a point of having other interests than just 'diet'.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Meadowlark

Talking

So true SchoolOfRAWk - there's more than eating -
Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Meadowlark

I think that is also the turn off for a lot of people. Not that you eat different, but how much you talk about your diet or health, etc. Or why it's so important to eat that way. It may be true, but it could just as easily be the other party put off by the way we are, and not because of what we eat but because of the massive, obsessive focus on it that many (NOT ALL) have. Instead of the other way around where we are put off by what they eat because it's junkier. It's a two way street. Just eat healthy (or not) and exercise and if you're doing everything healthy in your life, you'll be too busy to notice what others are not doing in theirs. What affects you, reflects you. And this extends far beyond diet. I know that philosophically with taxes and all that, we do affect each other with the choices we make, but fundamentally, we don't know where each person is at and haven't walked in their shoes.

Recently I watched an episode of The Biggest Loser online. One 400 something pound guy was working out, week 2, unemotionally. Jillian totally wore him down to the point of dragging out his emotions. Here he ate out of comfort. Because when he was young (early teens?) his like dad died, 3 months later his grandma died, 3 months later his sister died, and so forth. Other family members followed suit. How can we judge? Here he just looks lazy to most.

In a documentary on the homeless that is incredible, they show a woman who is a crack addict, living under the streets of NYC and likely turning tricks when need be. Of course, most frown on her, or would. Turns out she lost four of her young children in a fire she couldn't get them out of. The pain and guilt must have been unimaginably extraordinary. I'm not saying that these are great solutions, the choices they sort of unconsciously made, but it's so easy to make initial, cocky judgements in this world.

I know another woman who is a raging alcoholic; she lost all of her kids in a flood. Had some more later, but they all had to deal with an alcoholic mom who never worked through her pain.

Food is a drug. Crack is a drug. Alcohol is a drug. I would even venture to say that for many TV and video games are a drug. All of them are escapist comfort zones that shield pain, even though we know it's only temporary and it will only make things more painful in the long run. We are, simply put, raised to seek gratification, not reward.

Like, I adore my parents, but each of them, with their respective new spouses, are literally obsessed with their new dogs that they got within the last year. I am a total dog lover, but nobody else in the family, on either side, wants to hear about the dang DOG all the time, and what it did at the dog park, how it responded to this or that, guess what she'll do for this treat now, etc. They are retired and empty nesters for the most part and so this is like what the focus is, by and large, not 100% of the time but yeah, enough of the time to have us all rolling our eyes or being tempted to put the phone down for a bit, go off and do some stuff, then come back like we were there all along, LOL! Tunnel vision and one-track minds aren't attractive, period. Neither are escape artists who avoid real life and dodge self-improvement issues, living in denial. There is a healthy balance, though.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Meadowlark

Talking

Let's hear folks for the talented SchoolOfRAWk soap box discussion. clapclapclapclapclap....LOL

I did like your comment:
Quote:
Recently I watched an episode of The Biggest Loser online. One 400 something pound guy was working out, week 2, unemotionally. Jillian totally wore him down to the point of dragging out his emotions. Here he ate out of comfort. Because when he was young (early teens?) his like dad died, 3 months later his grandma died, 3 months later his sister died, and so forth. Other family members followed suit. How can we judge? Here he just looks lazy to most.
If you've never walked a mile in somebody else' s shoe's it's hard to say anything about them or what they are going through at that particular stage in their life. I've been in those shoes and know a little bit about that " drug called Food ' - I used to weigh 385lbs - and going through some really stressful things in my life at that time. I didn't know then what I know now. When your at that stage you unconsciously do things that are bad for you as a sorta of life jacket to just be able to hang on. But with a lot of self love and patients and friend who really want to see you change you can make it through.
Okay I'm off my soap box....LOL

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Rawndez-Vous Cyber Cafe