Found on One Lucky Duck.
For more information on yacon powder, check out our article: Yacon Root Powder: Health Benefits of this Andean Superfood.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1Ĺ cups coconut water
- 1Ĺ cups cashew
milk (OR, 3 cups of either one)
- 2 heaping tablespoons yacon
- 2 heaping tablespoons lucuma
- 1 heaping tablespoon maca
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
or pinch stevia (optional, if you like it extra sweet)
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon cacao powder
(add for second half)
- Put all the ingredients except the cocoa powder in the blender and blend. If itís too thick add more coconut water or cashew milk. Taste and add agave or stevia if you want it sweeter (or, more lucuma). Fill two glasses halfway, using about half of whatís in the blender.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining shake in the blender and blend. (add cacao nibs
too if you like those in your shakes). Top off the glasses with the chocolate. It helps if you pour it gently around the inside perimeter of the glass (otherwise it will just fall straight down in the center and you wonít get the pretty layers). Put a raspberry or strawberry on top and sprinkle w/ cacao nibs. YUM.