Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Breakfasts

Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
This is the best granola recipe I've ever come across. Not a good idea to freeze nuts as this can dry out the oils and make them less flavorful. This granola lasts a long time in the fridge - just put it in a tightly covered Tupperware container.

Do any of you use and like the Raw Food/Real World book? I'm thinking about getting it. How would you compare it to Alissa Cohen's Living on Live Food?

Thanks,
Tess
I've been eyeing this recipe for a while. I think I'm going to improvise and combine it with Carmella's buckwheat granola. I'm sure it's totally delicious as is, but I want to replace some of the nuts with buckwheat and play around with the spices (maybe add a vanilla bean, too).

I know this question is old, but ... Tess, I'm really glad I bought Raw Food Real World. I'm not totally raw, and I don't have Alissa's book to compare it to, but I find it really inspiring and fun to look at. I can't remember, but I think I've only made the maple buckwheat crispies or whatever they are (actually made the regular and carob in the same batch) -- they were really tasty. I think I wound up eating them more like a sweet cracker than as a cereal. I might just have to whip some up when I'm making this other granola.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Swallow

I made this yesterday. I used tangerine zest instead of orange also added dried blue berries. Wowezers, was it good! I think i will find the buckwheat recipe and try that too. Thanks so much
Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Hatchling

Mmmmmm.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Hatchling

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made this normal, except I added 2 cups of soaked buckwheat. And it is amazing. I snack on this all of the time. It is wonderful!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Chickadee

This is, in my opinion - two words: YUM-OH!!!

It is VERY good. It's not too sweet, it's a perfect blend of ingredients and it does keep for a long time...

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Breakfasts