Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out

Hanging Out A place to just hang out and talk about everything else!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Chickadee

Asked to do "cooking" class at chain

Hi all,
Local chain not Whole Foods asked me to do a THREE (3) hour class class, free to attendees, not paid either here. I can promote myself however for "raw" classes at home. I would also be talking about the produce department produce taking them on a tour of this area. However, I think 3 hours if a lot o time to give away for a class that I could be getting paid for once I get clients. And let's say with 15 in a class x $60 or so that is mega bucks. So today I need to give them date of my availability for 1 May class, 1 June. I am thinking I would still give them 3 hours, but 1 1/2 hours to one group, 1 1/2 hours to the next group to fill up that 3 hour day repeating the same class for that window. Let's say I am doing class from 11-2, I would do 90 minute class, then another one immediately following the first one.

I don't want to spill the beans and give them all my recipes but a teaser to get them to do a class at my house. Now in June I want to repeat this menu to discourage others from coming back for another freebie. At least if it is one menu then I am giving away one time only.

Thoughts?

I can distribute fliers too. I'm sure I can be in their ad flier too.

Menu ideas too.

I was also going to play a game with them: I will pick out some items in produce and let's see what ideas each group comes up with for a dish. I can create a ton of raw recipes, but wondering since this is an area where lots of people shopping would be elderly maybe incorporating a vegan soup that would be premade and we discuss. Lentil soup? I would have access to the produce and herbs I needed of course. I was also thinking I could create a brown rice dish vs. a parsnip raw rice. Like I said I'm trying to be a little protective on the word free here. Of course they can come online, find recipes or books, but in person bonding and tasting for some great especially for FREE!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Carol
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Chickadee

Hey! I think your time slot ideas are GR8! 3 hours is a l-o-n-g time for a class.

I think if you are promoting your Raw foods/dishes, you should stick with that. And desserts - folks LOVE desserts. The avo pudding is a winner as are the Raw brownies. Green smoothes are excellent for elderly folks and so tasty. My Mom makes smoothies frequently.

Just my thoughts...

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out