Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time > Green And Sustainable Living > The Trading Post

The Trading Post DIY, Bartering, Trading, Freecycling, Foraging, Reclaimed Lumber and More

Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Swallow

"Re-Purposing," Sewing, Crafting Projects...

Hi Everyone... I finally got moved into my own place and am gearing up for a big sewing and re-purposing "bonanza" as I sort through fabric, supplies, clothing, etc.. and weed out what no longer serves my life and goals..

I am sure that there are many eclectically crafty people on this site and wanted to see if we could get a thread started for inspiration, ideas, and photos of finished projects...

Will hopefully have photos to post soon, and look forward to seeing any of your plans or finished creations!

blessings..

es
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Swallow

A thread for creative recycling - what a great idea! Can't wait to see pics of your finished projects ~ C
Old 06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
coco

Nearly all of my crafts are made from recycled materials, I score great stuff from the thrift store, yard sales and my own closet . Here's the link to my photo sets, there are a couple tutorials there for this and that with more in the works.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftylittlemonkey/sets/
Craftster.org is a great crafting website with a few forums for recycled/upcycled crafts and tons of inspirational pics and tutorials. You can ask any question there and get great responses too. There's a frugalong (frugal crafting thread) that has some amazing links and projects.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334138.0
Here's the recycling/reusing/recrafting forum there
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=363.0
Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Swallow

Hi Lafsalot and Coco.. :-)

Thanks for the links.. :-) Frugalong... I like that! I look forward to looking around at it all..

Have a great day.. It is raining here.. a lazy, dazy day...

es
Old 06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Swallow

Thanks for the great links Coco! I love to salvage and recycle. Hopefully I can get some pics up and other people will share their projects too.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Swallow

sewing day!!! :-)

This past week has been both busy and productive.. and I am feeling so blessed to have today to focus on exploring my fabric, etc., stash, and doing some serious crafting and sewing!!!

Lovely photos, Coco! and some beautiful fabric you are offering up.. What a lovely idea! I think I will be offering some of mine, in a similar way, after I do some more sorting through.. :-) I especially like the "Matrioshka" pieces!!! Are they still available?

Have a beautiful day.. :-)

es
Old 06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
coco

That one was taken by a fellow crafter on Craftster.org, sorry about that. I am slow to take pics down with this dial up connection I've got, have to be more timely with that.
I'm making thing now for some craft swaps but am in a bit of a lull. I seem to have highs and lows throughout the month, bet it's got something to do with the lunar cycles but I've been too busy and distracted to pay much attention. It might be helpful to chart it though, then I could plan projects accordingly. If it's cyclical I mean, it could be utterly random for all I know!

I have a lot of crafting supplies that I've been working on using up, sending to charity or shipping off to other crafters. I have always had a weakness for discarded items that I know I can transform into something else but I've let it go a bit too far and now have so much stuff that I'll never wade through it all. It's difficult to work in a cluttered space too so out it all goes. I'm simplifying my life and this is the most challenging area to work on by far. I am doing it though. Making things is a steady process but only part of it for me.

Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time > Green And Sustainable Living > The Trading Post