Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition

Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Hatchling

Exclamation Please help!

A family member of mine has just been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She is very sick at this point and needs a liver transplant. Her health is declining. She also has celiac's disease. (not sure if I spelled that right) She wants me to help her with raw foods and she is committed to doing so. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I plan on going to visit her and bringing her some raw dishes and juices. As well as recipes and anything I can let her read where she can learn about raw foods and cirrhosis of the liver and celiacs?

Thank you ahead of time. I am also doing my own research.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Hatchling

I am so sorry Christina.
I do not know how easy it can be to tolerate raw foods with a liver cirrhosis. Juices however should be great.

One thing that saved my life during my auto-immune hepatitis: DESMODIUM. It is a miraculous product for the liver
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Swallow

Sorry to hear about your family member Christina. You may want to check out Dr. Sandra Cabot, MD. - she's written several books about the liver, raw, and juicing.

Might also want to look into using milk thistle seed extract (worked wonders for my fur bud who was going into liver failure), dandelion, and turmeric - all of which promote comprehensive liver health.

Sending healing thoughts your family's way ~ C
Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Hatchling

Thanks everyone. I talked to her today and she is really excited about raw foods. I'm making a bunch of dishes and bringing it her way. I'm also looking at getting a used vitamix or something for her.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Swallow

juice fasting

I agree with the earlier poster that simply giving her raw dishes might not be a good idea.. In particular, more complicated recipes, with nuts and less than ideal combos, might be too much for her digestive/eliminative system to handle.. If she is committed to healing and knows that the way of drugs and allopathy are not for her, then maybe you could do some research on juice fasting ..what juices are best for liver damage/toxicity and healing, and she could get started on that.. even beginning with smoothies and moving into juices..

Blessings...

es
Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Hatchling

Ok, thank you!!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition