Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Swallow

raw support.. :-)

Hi everyone.. :-) I am visiting with my family in NC and they are decidedly not raw.. I had been doing so well..had dropped about 30 pounds and was loving the way I looked and felt.. I only arrived saturday evening, and had a period of eating 'their' foods.. trying to find some balance, but essentially allowing myself to be sucked into their reality and ways of being, to a large extent, esp. from a dietary perspective...

I awoke this morning, early, and realized that i need to take this Bull by the horns, so to speak..lol..and stick to my own plan..live my own reality and truth.. regardless of what is going on around me.. I want to still be able to share in a special meal..or, if we make something together..but definitely need to return to the Raw foods as a base, say to about eighty to almost one hundred, percent, on average, during this visit..... which will extend into late August.

I believe that my noticing such a marked difference in only three days of eating more of what for them is 'regular food,' is enough to inspire me to stick with Raw and keep me pretty balanced, but would really appreciate having some loving, non-judgemental, Mutual Raw support..iif anyone is available and interested in such a thing.

Thanks!!!

es
Old 07-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Swallow

Good morning, ES. I hope that you enjoy your visit with your family.

It's so wonderful to be surrounded by people you love and who love you, yet food issues can overshadow that joy. I hope that your family is open to your food choices.

Perhaps you could prepare a large salad at mealtime for everyone to partake so that you are still eating *with* the family, rather than apart from them. May I also suggest that you take an afternoon to prepare some yummy desserts to freeze so that you have a nice supply to share? Having some yums on hand will also help you to *stay the course* when there are non-raw options in front of you.

Enjoy! I wish you a great visit!!
Gittel
Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Swallow

Thanks, Gittel! :-)

Good suggestions! I am going to make a raw dessert, every once in a while, to have and to share.. I need to go through the recipes to find some that will use up the ingredients i currently have. We might be going to Winston-Salem today, which has a whole foods.. I am thinking of making a raw carrot cake and need some raw cashews and lecithin for the icing. :-0 I think the lecithin will be good to have on hand for other yummies, too.

There is limited refrigerator space.. I have most of my raw things that require refrigeration in a cooler with ice..lol.. in the hall. :-) Fortunately the ice seems to be lasting.. because, in this heat, keeping it filled with ice could add up..lol..

I got up early and started the day with lemon/lime juice/water and raw honey.. alkalizing and refreshing..but light.. It is funny, even though I deviated some, I have not lost my energy..and am still waking early and feeling ready to go.. raw is awesome, for sure! I am excited to prepare some raw dishes.. there are lots of organic tomatoes that they grew, so I was thinking of making the raw marinara with zuch. spaghetti and some pignolia nuts on top.. Now, how could they refuse that? :-)

thanks so much for the tips and encouragement!

Blessings..

es
Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Swallow

Sounds yummy, ES! Have a great day!

Gittel
Old 07-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Hatchling

Hi, ES,

Here's sending you lots of positive energy. There is so much emotion tied in to eating that sometimes it's very hard to distinguish where one ends and the other begins. But if you approach it all in love, it will all work, one way or another.

I'm thinking you might want to freeze some bananas and make some soft-serve in the blender (do you have a blender there?). Cool and yummy. Guacamole is usually a crowd-pleaser, too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Swallow

Thanks, Vicki...

Those are good ideas.. I am realizing that there are many basic lifestyle differences, beyond the choice of food, although they are certainly all connected. Even something so simple as getting to bed at one's optimal time becomes something one must consciously plan for and protect....or having a desirable level of quiet and solitude...

Blessings..

es

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'