Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Journeys

Journeys This board invites you to 'step back' a little and share about the powerful stages along your journey of self-transformation.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Hatchling

A new Day/Octobers Journey

I’ve always enjoyed a salad. But I’ve never thought about eating 100% raw until I decided that I wanted to try to cure my ailments naturally. I’ve been eating organically for at least 7 years now and this January I went 100% raw for 30 days eating and juicing . For the remainder of the year I continue to eat high raw but I over ate with organic cookies and cooked greens and stuff. I continue to gain weight.
In late July, I became fed up with how I looked and the fact that I couldn’t exercise because of the inflamed tendons in my knee. So August 1st I began my raw journey again. I was 90% raw every day and I would take two days off a month and this is what help me to keep going this long. I lost 18 pounds but my knee still continued to hurt. It didn’t help that I went hiking a bit in late September. My next step was to become 100% raw and to give up nightshade foods which I overused this summer.
October 1st I decided the best way for me to do this was to juice. For the first 3 days I juiced and drank mostly water. The remaining days I drank smoothies and juiced. Today was my first real meal ( two days before I ate plums to get use to solid foods ), I went out and ate at a raw/vegan resturaunt and had the most tastiest mint chocolate cake. It was so smooth and wasn’t too minty, or too sweet and although it looked like it would be heavy it was light. It was very good so good I felt that I was cheating. If I could make a cake like that I would have no problem being raw seeing that desert is what I Iive for but then I would also gain weight (tee hee).
If I have the strength I would like to be 100% raw as much as I can for the remainder of this year to see if the inflammation in my knee declines which in turn may help the tightness in my quadriceps and the soreness in hips.

Last edited by chocomint : 10-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Hatchling

Progress report

Late in September after going hiking when I knew that I should not, I couldn't kneel on my right knee without feeling a sharp pain. Sleeping on my hips were uncomfortable. Laying on my stomach made my pelvis hurt on the right side. It's been nine days and I am able to kneel without any pain and lay without discomfort.
I didn't want to believe that nightshades were the reason that my healing process was going so slow this time around but I can't think of anything else. I actually felt better sooner but I wanted to be sure.
I love tomatoes and orange peppers in my salad. How could they do this to me? Hah! I'm going continue on with raw and see if there is any more improving signs.

Last edited by chocomint : 10-10-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomint View Post
I love tomatoes and orange peppers in my salad. How could they do this to me?

WELCOME TO RFC ! Glad you'r making yourself at home here....

as for your journey..... you shall experience 'detox' and this will depend on what you have been doing before. Raw Lifestyle/Diet will help you with many problems..

as for tomatoes and peppers? some claim that night shade veggies cause some problems.... the best thing is to give them up for a while and then introduce one and then the other and observe your experience/symptoms.

Good Luck and to Health; joz
Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Hatchling

Thanks Wyjoz for the warm welcome. I have felt some detox symptoms such as slight headaches, breakouts but mostly coughing up phlegm. I remember two years ago when I first started on the Master Cleanse diet, my whole face and my lower back hurt for a day or two. Luckily, I'm past that.

After looking at my diet this year it's safe to say that too much nightshade foods are not good form me. Earlier this year when tomatoes were not in season I did not have them to eat and I felt fine my knee pains improved. I was eating more like 75% raw. The summer is when things changed. We grow are own tomatoes and I had them ever day. After, I went hiking for the first time this year in July, things went down hill from there.
My knee feel so much better today having gone just 12 days without them. Unfortunately, they are no good for me.

Last edited by chocomint : 10-11-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Meadowlark

Hey chocomint!

::waves hi::

Good for you that you've got it figured out ~ I've had quite a few clients with nightshade issues (some with issues like yours and some regarding skin and another with another problem that was really specific that unfortunately I don't remember what it was called) ~ and it's really no big deal ~ for one class I even made a special pizza with no nightshades at all!

Glad to have you here... I hope you'll share more as time goes on...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Hatchling

Hi Eva,
It's hard for me not to eat nightshades my salad seems naked without peppers and other goodies. The plus side is that I was able to excercise these last two days and I feel great! I'm sure my knee isn't healed but I'm a little addicted to excercise it makes me happy the fact that my knee and hip isn'ty sore just thrills me. I love to know how you make pizza without tomatoes!

Today meal plan went well. I had banana and vanilla Hemp smoothie, alfalfa and spinach blended green drink and for dinner a spinach salad with cashews.

I slipped up yesterday and had chocolate but it only made me stronger today. I use to be so weak but I think the longer I challenge myself to eat high raw the easier it seems to get back on track once I slip. On- ward!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Journeys