Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Soups

Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Meadowlark

I made it a few days ago and really liked it, it was very refreshing. Jennifer's serving sizes are tiny, to me at least. I doubled the recipe and had the whole thing by myself, and I could have even more. I had it with a bowl of veggies and the rich cheddar sauce to dip in.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Hatchling

YUM this soup gets the stamp of approval by me! I've NEVER been a fan of raw soups before because the majority of the recipes I have tasted were not appetizing at all. With the exception of a couple recipes from Raw Food Life Force Energy, I pretty much just skip the soup section of any raw food recipe books. But when I came accross this post and saw all the good responses to it, I was surprised. Especially because I have the book it came from!

Anyhow, I tried it and I absolutely love it. It tastes so much better than I imagined from the list of ingredients. I gently warmed it on the stove, turning the stove off once it reached 110 degrees (I have a thermometer with an alarm that goes off once the food reaches a pre-set temp). Oh, and I used 1/2 tsp braggs instead of the miso.

To make a long story short, try this soup! If you are like me and have previously shunned raw soups, try this one anyway! Warming it up a little REALLY helps too!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Hatchling

Wow. I have tried a couple of recipes form this book which were ok but nithing special. This was amazing though. This is the first raw soup I have tried where I have got the same warmth and comfort I get from a cooked soup. It was a beautiful green colour and smooth texture. yum!

My blog on growing and eating raw food http://therawgarden.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
We've been enjoying this great soup by Jennifer Cornbleet for months and never grow tired of it. Just the thing for those left-over zucchini pieces from making pasta or lasagna!

Cream of Zucchini Soup
From Jennifer Cornbleet’s 'Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People'

Serves 2
Thanks for this, Carmella! I was just doing a search when I stumbled upon this.

For me, now that I'm on the optimum health raw food diet (_finally_ 100% raw for over a year but doing better healthwise since a Hippocrates visit in the summer) rather than an indulgent raw food one, this is good for me just by substituting the sea salt with kelp powder. Also, I will probably just omit the miso, too.

Can't wait to try it. Yum.

Thanks. Doing searches on the forums always yields something interesting!

Cheers.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Soups