Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General

RFC - General Mission Statement, Posting Guidelines, Forum Annoucements, Suggestion Box, Introduce Yourself and More.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Hatchling

Almost 1 month basically 100% Raw

Today is Monday Jan. 31st, and Thursday will makr 1 month being pretty much 100% raw. I do have some concerns. I am getting crazy bloating yet, as well as dizzy/weak spells that I quickly put off as detoxing. I was curious how long such symtoms are likely to remain, I'm almost beginning to question what I am eating. I've stopped eating meat around 4-5 months ago but have only really stopped eating dairy and such a little over a month ago as I did the Master Cleanse leading up to the Raw Vegan diet.

Also I don't feel any more energy or strength than my previous diet, is it possible that I am doing something wrong?

Any feedback welcome :)
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Hatchling

Hi Mark,

I have come back to raw vegan on Dec. 30th too (but I was low-fat raw vegan for 5 months last year and went back to an organic meat/raw dairies/fermented grains for 3 months until after x-mas). I had stopped the raw vegan diet because, like you, I felt like all the efforts I was putting in the diet (the low-fat raw vegan 80/10/10 was crazy hard for me) was not giving me the results I was hoping (migraine release, energy, bloating, etc.).

Then, I met a long-time raw foodist family in December and talked about it with them and they told me that 5 months is a very short period to detox 30 years of unhealthy eating, that even them, after 6 years of 100 % raw food eating were experimenting periods of detox.

So, I feel like telling you the same thing... 1 month is still very short... You are still detoxing, that's for sure. Make sure you eat enough calories, though, since that can lead to feeling tired.

I personnally feel tired and not so hungry this time around (the first time I went raw, I was ravenous and it was very hard). This time, it's much easier, but like you, I don't feel super energized yet. Give yourself some time and keep the raw diet!

http://catherine-et-les-fees.blogspot.com/
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Hatchling

Thanks Catherine, thanks for taking the time to reply. I was wondering if the bloating might be due to food combining, or just detoxing as well?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Hatchling

It's hard to know... You could try to do 2-3 days of good food combining to see if it makes a differents (no nuts and fruits together), kind of like 80/10/10. Are you familiar with good raw food combining?

http://catherine-et-les-fees.blogspot.com/
Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Hatchling

I am becoming familiar :) I wonder how much bloating might have been due to eating nuts that weren't soaked first. Yesterday seemed to be at least some improvement, I will continue to watch a little closer what combinations stick out.

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General