Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Dressings and Salads

Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Hatchling

Yum, Yum, Yum!! I just whipped up a batch of this for the first time (tweaked slightly based on what I had available)...and I don't think I can wait the 45 mins for it to marinate...and it most definitely will not be around for dinner time (sorry family)...

Thanks so much for the recipe!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Yum, Yum, Yum!! ..and it most definitely will not be around for dinner time (sorry family)...

Thanks so much for the recipe!
glad you enjoyed; it's a recipe by How We All Went Raw - Raw Food Recipe Book by the NungessersCharles Nungesser
http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/catalog/b...llwentraw.html

I did that the first time I made it....ate the whole thing by my self....then started to make a double batch...........
Old 06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
You are so welcome> this still is my most fav salad.......so glad you enjoyed it !

now I'm in love with RawTables's cabbage pineapple salad......here if you would like to try:

Anna's Raw Table Cabbage/Pineapple Salad
***I can eat the whole thing by myself that good!
dressing; place in Vita Mix
1 c young Thai coconut meat
1 c pineapple
1/4 c soaked cashews
1/4 tsp cardamom
2 T honey
1 ts salt
1 t lime zest
2 T coconut water Blend

1/2 chopped cabbage
2 1/2 c cubed pineapple
1/3 c coconut flakes
3 T chives or green onions fine dice

checked your blogg......silk colored eggs? did you do some? wow ! and saw picture of you!!!!
I made the whole recipe of the Cabbage Pineapple Salad Jozzie . It was too sweet for me, maybe the cabbage was too small. My children loved it. I prefer the Broccoli Salad
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Yup; especially if Pineapple is sweet and next time it's not..... what can we do? the best we can.....
Old 03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Hatchling

This is a recipe from Carol Alt's book "Eating in the Raw". Cruciferous vegetables may not agree with some people if they have thyroid but you can overcome this by cooking them lightly. Don't eat a huge bowl of raw like I did the first time I tasted this if you have allergies.
This serves 8 so you may need to scale down the recipe unless you are expecting a crowd.

1 1/2 lbs broccoli (broccolini is nice too, it is spicier.) Note: the key to the dish is how you slice the broccoli. You want it in thin slivers-as you do cabbage, otherwise the whole thing will be too chewy despite the marinade dressing..
1 bunch shallots, green parts only, chopped.
1 cup raw slivered germinated almonds (soak 8-12hrs)-for newcomers to the raw scene, don't use the soak water of germinated seeds or nuts as it contains enzyme inhibitors. Rinse the strained nuts or seeds well.
1 cup raw germinated sunflower seeds (soak 2 hrs)
(I sometimes add fresh raw asparagus, sliced)

Dressing.
4 pitted fresh dates.
1 tablespoon (15ml) distilled water.
3/4 cups raw apple cider vinegar (make sure you buy a live brand that hasn't been heated.) I buy Braggs.
1/4 cup Udo's Choice Oil. (I used Udo's oil but it is very expensive-is a mix of organic flax, sunflower and sesame seed oils so if you have these you could mix them together. Of course you could use another oil but the oil plays a part in the flavor of the dish.)
1/4 cup cold-pressed organic olive oil.

Toss all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl and gently mix in the dressing which is made as follows:
Put the dates and water in a blender(I have one of those mini-blenders which is so handy for making dressings and small amounts of things) and blend to a course paste.
Add the vinegar and oils, and blend again to emulsify.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Dressings and Salads