Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle

Sunny Raw Lifestyle Growth, Raw Foods, Health & Nutrition, Fitness, Pets and More.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Hatchling

Soak Nuts, Then Dehydrate for Purity?

Hello,

I recently found out that you are supposed to dehydrate all soaked nuts in order to rid them of any remaining bacteria. What I would like to know is, in making a raw cashew filling for my cheesecakes, should I re-soak the cashews before I make the cheesecake even though they've been soaked once already? Would the filling being grainy if I didn't soak them again or would it be okay?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Meadowlark

Hm, I do this sometimes but only if I won't use within a day or few. Who told you all soaked nuts have to be dehydrated?

And I've never once resoaked cashews for a cheesecake, either for myself or behind the scenes at raw restaurants.

Hope that is a help!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle