Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes

The Recipes One Huge Virtual Raw Recipe Book! Share, rate and discuss your favorite recipes here.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Swallow

Any advice for a high calorie raw diet?

My new boyfriend seems very curious about my interest in raw food. I have not been trying to convince him of anything as I think that will create resistance. I am gluten and lactose intolerant and he has been doing well coming up with some really tasty (cooked) dishes for me-bless.

He really enjoys my smoothies and loved his raw birthday cake (The chocolate orange). He is interested in health and thinks his diet is healthy (Its not bad besides all the cheese, bread and high fat meat!) I don't preach at him, its his choice. I often slip some of my raw meal for him as a side dish and he really enjoys it, Now he has mentioned that he wants a higher raw food intake.

The main challenge is he needs an extremally high calorie diet, he has a super fast metabolism.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I am not just talking extra nuts and avo here. To keep it cost and time effective is challenging. I am sure he would be open to raw detox for a week or so and then he could he how it makes him feel. He would then be able to see his body's real reaction to bread and cheese.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Hatchling

add walnuts or any nut really to smoothies.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Hatchling

Any advice for a high calorie raw diet

Does anyone have the recipe for bread & butter pickles from the old version of The joy of Cooking? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 AM
Hatchling

Hi,,,
You cannot simply convince him.I advice you to cook some recipe for him that you think you master in the High Calorie RAW food.If don't you have to keep on telling him the advantages of the High Calorie RAW food.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes