Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General

Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General Everything from Nutrition, to Postpartum Care & Concerns, including Birthing Alternatives, Birth Plans and Birth Stories.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Hatchling

Raw Vegan Pregnancy

I am newly raw vegan and newly pregnant as well as diabetic. I am working on trying to reverse my diabetes while being raw vegan. I am a bit desperate at this point, if my fasting blood sugars don't go down by the 24th they will want me to be on insulin. Dose anyone one have any advice? I got the pregnancy info on the Garden Diet website and felt like it was a waste of my money.

This is my blog for anyone who is interested. http://rawfoodmama.blogspot.com/
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Meadowlark

Not sure if you're still around here so I commented on your blog.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Hatchling

I was eating raw foods during my second pregnancy and felt amazing. My baby was healthy and I felt strong and full of energy. I also did alot of research to make sure I was eating a balanced diet and getting enough protein. My staple was kale salad and avocados. I ate a huge salad every day for lunch with sprouts, nuts... My protein was never less than normal and my iron levels were great and I never felt sluggish. I believe you can raise a healthy baby on a raw food diet but you have to be very conscious of getting the right balance.
Although we are not strictly raw anymore, my child loves kale and avocados and prefers that over pasta any day...
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Meadowlark

This is an old post, but we have a full guide to a healthy raw pregnancy on Tera Warner's website!

http://www.terawarner.com/well-rounded

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Kids - A Holistic Approach To Parenting > Natural Pregnancy, Birthing & Parenting > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' > Pregnancy & Birth 'Au Naturel' General