Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge

Growth and Self-Knowledge "An unexamined life is a life not worth living." Socrates

Old 10-13-2011, 03:32 AM
warmbreezes

learning to socialize in non-raw food situations

Hi all -
Until I started changing my eating habits, I didn't realize just how much of our social lives revolve around food (eating at friend's houses, sharing dinners, eating out). As you know, we live in a highly social world, and most of that socialization is around FOOD. I love my friends, love food, and they love to cook.

How do you stay raw, and stay true to this way of life, while still socializing in the world where most people/restaurants are non-raw?

How do you explain your eating choices, while not "evangelizing" too much? (I learned that lesson the hard way!)

I know this can be a hard one, but if anyone has thoughts to share, I appreciate it!
Thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Hatchling

I went raw because I had chronic fatigue. I'm better now, thanks partially to raw food. So my friends are delighted that I'm back with them. They supported me while I was 95-98% raw. But now I am 100%, 14 days now. Treats make me sick. My plan now is to tell my friends I will get sick if I eat the cheesecake so don't let me That's the one thing that really tempts me.
I made the mistake of telling people too much. But now I am better than ever. But I look really healthy, and look younger, so my friends now want to know why

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge