Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge

Growth and Self-Knowledge "An unexamined life is a life not worth living." Socrates

Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Hatchling

Raw food breakfast?

I am still trying to get used to the idea of raw food. So, how can one create a wholesome breakfast without actually cooking anything? Ideas, please...
Old 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Hatchling

I just drink a green drink in the mornings. Kale, spinach, oranges, etc. BUT...Ani Phyo has great EASY recipies for breakfast like Chia Cereal, Museli, Buckwheat groats, etc. that are all raw and very yummy.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

If you are trying to replicate the SAD ideas for breakfast like eggs, toast etc????

try unEgg Egg Spread yum on Onion Bread recipes here

you can do variious pates on different crackers

a bowl of fruits with graw nola yum with nut milk or hemp milk

you can have a strawberry milk shake.... with zucchini as a milk base yummmo !

and try this http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/...t=chia+pudding

if you do search for Chia there are many recipes

and pottage recipes here.....
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Swallow

I generally feel better when I stick with fruit in the morning.. One of the things I most like about eating raw is the breakfast smoothies! This morning's was OJ, pineapple, banana, coconut and baby spinach.. so yummy and all real food! I also enjoy fruit salads, when I feel like chewing.

Blessings!
es
Old 02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Hatchling

Thumbs up many ideas

I sometimes do a green smoothie when I am in a rush but if I have time, I would eat raw brazil nut pancakes, buckwheat grouts with almond milk, raw rolled oats (oatmeal). I do love my smoothies though, so easy to make and fills you up quickly. Good Luck.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalspirit View Post
I generally feel better when I stick with fruit in the morning..
Same here. Easy to prepare and its always changing with the seasons. I prefer the easy-to-digest foods early in the day; and its quite difficult to be grumpy while eating fruit

But some other ideas would be:
  • Buckwheat granola with nut milk. One of my favorite raw snacks, and you can flavor it differently every batch. Banana & chocolate; berries, pear & cinnamon; mango & banana etc.
  • Soak rolled oats in nut milk or water over night then add some fruit / nuts / spices in the morning and stir through.
  • Chia pudding - again it can be made in a variety of ways; but a simple recipe of chia, nut milk, cinnamon and optional sweetener is a real simple, filling and wholesome breakfast.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Hatchling

this is very personal but you asked...

For breakfast i have frozen blueberries (I will eat fresh when they come out). Also an apple, and japanese tea with honey. Before bed, I soak a bowl of raw nuts, seeds, and prunes. For breakfast, I eat about a third of the bowl. Ok for the personal part. Some people juice in the morning. But I eat my most complex meal for breakfast. For lunch, I eat my favorite veggies (avacado, cucumbers, red pepper, nuts&seeds), and for supper at 3 or 4, I have green juice. The reason is so I don't have anything in my colon when I sleep. Breakfast was passed the same day, lunch was passed in evening, and supper didn't have fiber so my colon is empty. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, boy is my sleep amazing.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Hatchling

Raw oatmeal is good (and easy)

I just soak steel cut oat groats overnight and then rinse, add back a bit of pure water and pour that into the blender, adding a handful of goji berries (or raisins) and a pinch of salt and blend. You probably would want a high-speed blender for it (Vitamix or Blendtech) but actually it's good even not blended at all -- though it's nice to have those goji berries blended so it goes all through it. Just a personal preference!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Hatchling

Easy raw breakfast

Hi,

I often make a raw muesli of oat flakes, oat bran, dessicated coconut and sesame seeds. Make up a half-bowl full of this and add apple juice, making sure the muesli is covered, then leave it in the fridge overnight. The apple juice will soak into the muesli. In the morning remove the bowl from the fridge and stir with a spoon - you may or may not decide to add more apple juice. You could also add some grated apple or other fresh fruit and nuts at this stage. This is a healthy and filling breakfast without cooking anything.

For a really nice treat, soak some chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, figs etc) in a cup with apple juice overnight, and add this to the muesli in the morning.

Another breakfast favourite is a large bowl of melon - use a mixture of ripe watermelon, honeydew melon and galia melon for a colourful and refreshing start to the day.

Want some breakfast juice? Take two large pink grapefruit, and using a citrus juicer squeeze them into a large glass.

Smoothies are also a filling starter to the day. Try 25 fresh or frozen blueberries, half a banana, about one inch of ginger root (grated), and top up to about half a litre with pineapple juice. Whiz in a blender until well mixed, about 30 seconds. makes a lovely drink. You can always add more pineapple juice in the blender if you find this too thick.

Good luck with the various recipes, hope you find some that suit you.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Hatchling

Hemp milk or Hemp Seed Milk, is a drink made from hemp seeds that are soaked and ground into water, yielding a creamy nutty beverage. It is marketed in health and fitness publications as a new health food darling
raw food recipes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Hatchling

My gosh, I have tons of raw ideas for breakfast! But before you decide on what you're going to have, think about what breakfast is for you. Being the first meal of the day, the carbs you eat now will be used over the course of the entire day, so its a good idea to consume slow-energy release foods, like bananas, beans, lentils or cereals. Banana and green smoothies and sprouted seeds or beans are a good mix. Kale and spinach go well with banana. Adding raw oats to your breakfast routine is a great idea also, since oats have a low GI, which means they can keep your motor running for a long time. Almonds are very good as well, and they also add important healthy fats to your diet.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Hatchling

Due to blood sugar issues, I eat no fruit or grains. What can I eat for breakfast that is raw? I make chia pudding with stevia and cinnamon, but I just can't eat that every single day.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueko View Post
Due to blood sugar issues, I eat no fruit or grains. .

FRUITS: if eaten raw, with skin and a few seeds do not give us sugar issues.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Growth and Self-Knowledge