Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Tell us a little about yourself and what makes you tick!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Hatchling

Newbie raw-foodie sponge looking to absorb your knowledge

Hello forum!
I am excited to find you all here discussing things I want to learn about! Yay!

I learned a bit here and there about raw food and bought a book in the spring and borrowed books from the library. I even tried to go raw for a whole month during the summer when the veggies and fruits were all delicious around here, but after 3 days I got really sick, I suspect it was the farmers market sprouts I ate after leaving them in the sun in the van for a few horus. So, I decided to go slow and just find things besides raw whole fruits and veggies to eat. And start eating them more.
A lot of the books I read rely heavily on equipment and that sort of annoyed me for a while because I didn`t have anything. But now I have a centrifugal juicer and a tiny food processor. I juice veggies about once a week, but I have been using my food processor every other day since I got it making larabar knockoffs, though I just roll them into small balls because I like to suck on them, kinda like candies, which I used to be addicted to! I also really love chia and put it on everything, and I sometimes eat chia gel with tons of cinnamon and a drop of honey for breakfast.

Oh and I can type really fast so I tend to say a lot at one time, and then after wards look back and think, whoa... should I take some of that out... then I dont because it seems like a waste of time. So forgive me if I tend to go on.... or end abruptly because I think I have gone on... And also, my keyboard is aging and it doesn`t like to tyep certain letters unless you hit it really hard and I will also blame all my spelling errors on that too....
=)

I am looking forward to absorbing all your knowledge and experience!!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Hatchling

welcome to the forum, I'm also new here in this forum.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Welcome to both of you..... glad you are joining.... hope you find many things that will be useful and health helping....

you'r welcome to ask questions also....

to Health... Joz
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Hatchling

nice to meet you :-)

I think this forum is tops for newbies, I've been hovering around here for a couple of years now, and I'm still not really raw, but it has a wealth of info and everyone is nice. I'm working on it, and I think the process has just been VERY gradual for me

Something I did was a did the 21 day cleanse from the Garden diet by the Taliferos. (google it) I think this was the main turning point for me personally. There is no dehydrator or fancy equipment needed, but they do use a food processor and an automatic citrus juicer. I think it was good because it was like a sampling of all the different types of raw diets - there were some days just fruit, some days green heavy, some days higher fat, most of the time it was just nice simple food. There is also some exercising and happiness exercises, because they take a holistic approach to the cleanse. And I think they are pretty reasonably priced, you get a lifetime membership plus a ton of helpful resources for beginners.

Also buy some books on raw food, research etc. Experiment with recipes. You might be able to pick up a cheap dehydrator 2nd hand. I got mine from my mum - it's 15 yrs old and not fancy at all, but I figure it'll do the job until I decide if I want to save up for a good one.

I find youtube is another great resource for raw food.

Just have fun and don't stress out about diets!

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Introduce Yourself