Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Mosaica,
Woo-Hoo! I'm sure you're gonna love the feel of the Vitamix. OK, for ordering on line, during the check out process there will be a space to "ENTER SAVINGS OR COUPON CODE". Simply put RFC's affiliate code: 06-002513

You'll automatically get a $25 discount for free shipping.

Actually, come to think of it, when you're ordering from Canada, you have to do so over the phone. Their number is: 1-800-848-2649. Then just tell them the code for the discount.

Remember that you can also make extra savings by buying a refurbished unit (same warranty and everything). Just ask the representative for more details. Never know, they might have units available in red.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Thank you Carmella for the quick response.
I didn't know I have to call them because I'm in Canada. What if they ask what is this code? What should I say?
Sorry, I have absolutely no experience with this, I might sound stupid...

Last edited by Mosaica : 10-03-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

No worries, I had never ordered by phone either until recently. They will definitely know about the code and how it works. (All Vitamix affiliates have one.) Basically, when someone orders and doesn't know about the code, they have to pay shipping whereas with the code the shipping is free.

Hope this helps.

Oh, btw, the representative I dealt with in the past is called Marylinn and she is really super. You can always ask to speak to her.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Oh, Carmella... Bad news. We found out that they have totally different prices for Canada and the difference is HUGE, $150. We just find this pretty unfair, especially with the recent $CAD to $USD ratio... So we decided to wait, they will be forced to change their canadian prices sooner or later.
I just hope my old blender will survive this.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Oh no! That's a HUGE difference indeed! Sure hope they adjust their prices soon too. What a bummer!

Do you know anyone in the US where it could be shipped to? Then you could pay the US price. There'd be shipping from the US to your place but $25 sure sounds better than $150. Anyhoo, just an idea...
Old 10-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Thanks Carmella, that would be a good idea but unfortunately I don't know anyone in the US. So I have to be patient and hope they'll adjust their prices. I'm not happy at all!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Hatchling

Link

the link is not working. Is there another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Vegan Mama View Post
You need a blender, some ice and some bananas!

Really, there are tons of things you can put in them. Go to Valeries Green Smoothie Experiment to learn more about what to put in them for living on green smoothies: http://greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com/

Ask me something specific...maybe I will be more help! LOL!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Hatchling

Making Smoothies is not a difficult job. This can be made with a wide variety of fresh, frozen or tinned fruit or fresh raw vegetables, which means not only you can take advantage of low prices when fresh produce is in season but also have a delicious smoothie from frozen or tinned fruit both of which retain all much of their nutrients, at other times of the year.

There are 3 basic elements needed to make a smoothie :-

Fibre in the form of fruit or vegetables
Base most often in the form of a liquid
Frozen in the form of items such as ice
Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Hatchling

hey I have been wanting a vitamix for ever! but now I'm thinking about not getting one. I already have a good food processor which I use when recipes call for something to be blended, which is a lot! I have a juicer that I think is on its way out, so I started researching new juicers and I've discovered that a lot of them have this nifty thing called a blank plate, which homogenizes stuff. So you can put frozen fruit through and icecream comes out, or you can put nuts in and nut butter comes out. A lot of the smoothies I make are fresh fruit & greens blended with some juice, so I thought well if I get one of these fancy pants juicers I could probably just juice what I need to juice, then homogenize what I want to blend, then mix them together and only need to use one appliance for the smoothie instead of 2. A lot of them are also easy to clean, just need to be rinsed. also if something needs to be thoroughly blended I could just put whatever it is though the blank plate. You can also use them to make dough from sprouted grains, etc. I think it may be possible to make nut milk & coconut milk with them too- does anyone know? Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there as a possible alternative to the vitamix. If you juice a lot it might be a way to have 2 appliances in one. And juice is a good lazy meal, I often have a juice for tea, the problem is often the clean up, but these juicers seem to solve that. The type of juicer I'm talking about are the single auger dual stage juicers, The Omega 8004/8006 looks to be very good. And I'm also looking at the Oscar Neo 1000 (might be Australia only though?).
The twin gear juicers like the green star and the hippocrates juicer also do all this and supposedly produce a better quality juice, but they are tedious to clean so I'm steering clear of those

Last edited by maxie : 02-22-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Best Power blender Value

Hi All;

Best Power Blender Value

Just wanted to say that we now recommend the Omni Blender which we feel is the KING for value in a high power blender. It is almost half the price of comparable models and has a 7 year warranty. For more info see this.

Don

Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Hatchling

very interesting Don! thanks for that... maybe I can get a blender after all, depending on postage costs to Australia...

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'