Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge

Raw Freedom Lounge Hanging Out Area, Photo Album and Inspiring Quotes.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

and the deliciousness experience goes on and on ! Can't go wrong with this ''boy''' any which way he's JUST DELICIOUS!

So we 'invented' another recipe ! Way to go CarmiKrawker/dodoJozzzzzzi team.....http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/

Durian and Coconut Cream Napoleon

'Phyllo' Pastry
We used the recipe from the Baklava on p. 60 in Matthew Kenney's Everyday Raw Desserts. It calls for cashews, macadamias, lemon juice, honey, water, vanilla, salt and flax meal.

Cut into pieces of about 4" x 2 1/2"

Durian Mousse
1 1/2 cups durian flesh
1/4 cup Irish moss paste*
1/4 cup agave nectar (or more, depending on how sweet your durian is)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch salt
---
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tbs lecithin powder

Blend first set of ingredients until smooth in high-speed blender.

Add coconut oil and lecithin and blend again, just to incorporate.

Chill in the refrigerator to set.

To make Irish Moss Paste:
Blend 1.5 oz (or ½ cup packed) soaked Irish moss with 1 cup water in a high-speed blender until completely dissolved.

Coconut Cream
1 cup water
¾ cup young coconut meat
½ cup cashews, soaked
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Irish moss paste (see recipe above)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar or honey
¼ cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or liquid vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch salt

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.

Place in the refrigerator to set.

Assembly
Spread a generous layer of Durian Mousse on a piece of 'Phyllo' Pastry.

Top with a second piece of pastry.

Spread a generous layer of Coconut Cream, topped with a third piece of 'Phyllo'.

Decorate with Coconut Cream and Durian Mousse and, if desired, sprinkle with a mixture of ground gogi berries and dried coconut.

Enjoy immediately. ,,,,,, we tried making one and left it overnight to check the recipe.... did not work.... the stacks got moist..... so for serving...have everything ready and just before eating assamble... UYUUYUMMMMO's !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Durian&CoconutNapoleon.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	3894  
Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Jozi's next project !

OHG ! I'm selling everything and moving to Singapore! There is a Hotel that is Durian Heaven or Durian Everything ! Even a Durian Festival ! woooooootooot! yah! Way to Go!

'''''''''''''''Can't go wrong with this ''boy''' any which way he's JUST DELICIOUS!''''''''''''''''''''''

GOODWOOD PARK HOTEL DESSERT II, Recipe GOODWOOD PARK HOTEL ...
Jul 18, 2010 ... Durianmisu. The durianmisu is a must try dessert! ... The hotel is famous for their durian cake, durianmisu, en.petitchef.com/recipes/goodwood-park-hotel-dessert

Durianmisu – Pure D24 pulp is paired with a lavish combination of lady’s fingers, espresso and
mascarpone, then sprinkled with cocoa powder to present a cupful of sheer luxury. There is no
alcohol in this unique version of tiramisu.
Price: S$8.80 per serving; also available as Mini Durianmisu at S$4.80 per serving and S$26.80 for
6 servings
Durian Éclair – A generous amount of D24 pulp is sandwiched between choux pastry and drizzled
with either chocolate or fondant (sugar icing) for a delightful treat.
Price: S$5.50 per piece; S$40.80 for 8 pieces
• Back by popular demand!
Durian Strudel – Baked to a glistening golden brown and boasting irresistibly fragrant D24 pulp
filling as well as vanilla sponge between crisp and flaky layers of pastry, this 30-cm long decadent
treat received rave reviews when it was introduced in 2009.
Price: S$8.80 per slice; S$48 whole
Durian Oreo Cake – This luxuriously dense innovative creation boasts D24 durian pulp sandwiched
between layers of vanilla sponge generously drizzled with fragrant gula melaka (palm sugar) syrup
and covered with crunchy Oreo cookie crumbs. Extremely flavourful with every mouthful, this
treasure is perfect for intimate celebrations, particularly Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
Price: S$8.80 per slice, S$48 per 750g cake
Durian Wafer – Reminiscent of the local favourite ‘ice cream potong’ – a slab of ice cream
sandwiched between two crunchy wafers, this chunky creation entices with homemade D24 ice
cream
Price: S$6.80 per piece; S$38 for 6 pieces
Durian Mousse Cake – The star that kicked off the famous promotion in 1983, this legendary cake
is pure pleasure to the durian fan, where every bite of the velvety mousse presents unadulterated
fruit flavour.
Price: S$8.50 per slice; S$52 per 1.3kg cake; S$98 per 2.5kg cake; S$133 per 3.5kg cake
Durian Puff – These signature dainty treats are skilfully made with light choux pastry cases that
sandwich rich durian mousse – a small dose to satiate any big durian craving!
Price: S$2.20 per piece; S$12.80 for 6 pieces; S$39.80 for 20 pieces
Durian Crepe – Perfect for tea, this all-time favourite crepe concoction finds smooth creamy durian
pulp rolled in a light and thin pancake.
Price: S$6 per slice; S$45 for 8 pieces
Durian Roll – A local take on the traditional Swiss roll, this is layered with rich durian mousse and
lightly dusted with icing sugar.
Price: S$7.50 per slice; S$43.80 per 1kg roll
Durian Pudding – This chilled dessert is silky in texture and promises substantial chunks of fresh
durian pulp.
Price: S$3.50 per serving

Last edited by wyjoz : 04-05-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Hatchling

You have convinced me-certainly am not turned on by the thought of baked or crumbed penis or whatever.
Cannot remember where I read it, but apparently tigers love durian and wait till they drop so be careful if you are gathering any in the jungles.
I am not sure how I will go with durian, as I cannot handle the smell of thai coconuts-and hate the taste of the water. After reading how good they are for you I was so disappointed-my husband does well out of all this as he gets to eat them. Luckily I can use them in foods as long as the smell and taste are disguised.
I wonder why our brains decide we like or dislike a certain food?
Anyway have enjoyed reading your durian adventures Joz (hope I have your name right) and the other posts-has given me a good laugh.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
Anyway have enjoyed reading your durian adventures Joz (hope I have your name right) and the other posts-has given me a good laugh.
So glad you enjoyed reading the '''durian''' adventures! It was fun!

I certainly am enjoying durian ! ..... wonder how I ever got to even try it; as before I would not try a banana then I would not try an avocado.... then living in Mexico for 4 years I got to experiment with all the fruits and love love Guava fresh off a tree ! then Pineapple... it also had a 'smell' ! lol

so now I got into '''bad stinky boy king of them all bad boy'''' and I'm already dreaming of another recipe and even moving to Singapore where I can get them every day???

I would say try a 1/2 recipe and invite a few friends so you all have a taste... so as not to 'waste' so much food.... and see if you actually would like it???? don't know what else to say.....It's: either you like it or don't... there is no inbetween..

Joz
Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Hatchling

OK-have durian-is sitting in the kitchen and now am wondering if I should put it in the back yard to ripen. It hasn't started smelling yet-am wondering if the smell will go through the house and be the type of smell we cannot get out??? (We are renting).
Yes a durian party sounds good Joz-would be a great workshop day learning about how to open them and what to do with them.Well I had better go to work now-shall check the other posts when I have more time..
PS I just went to stay with a friend who has international students boarding. One of the Chinese students was very suspicious about the white chocolate strawberry cheesecake but loved it when he tried it. He is coming over for lunch in a few weeks time. Had some interesting talks with him-he had not heard of the Tiamin Square(sorry about spelling?) "incident". They are not allowed to use google either. He said "we" (I take it meaning the govt.) have a problem with Tibet at the moment.
Well I said I didn't like to get into political debates-I guess there is a time to speak out and a time to stay silent.Makes one appreciate ones freedom of speech.
Take care and hope you are having a
Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
OK-have durian-is sitting in the kitchen and now am wondering if I should put it in the back yard to ripen. It hasn't started smelling yet-am wondering if the smell will go through the house and be the type of smell we cannot get out???
a
I'm soooooooooooooo jealous ! you got a 'fresh' Durian? ! Whoah!

yes set it outside to 'ripen' a little.... It will smell stronger the riper it gets.....

oh oh tell me how it was???? fresh boy yum ? Jealous Joz
Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Hatchling

Joz, Am glad it is taking it's time ripening as I haven't figured out how to eat it yet. The recipes of Carmellas and yours both look great. Shall take it outside tomorrow! Take care, Jess
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Joz, Am glad it is taking it's time ripening as I haven't figured out how to eat it yet.

First just ''' eat one pod '''' and then make Durian pudding ! then if you'r in LOVE LOVE LOVE WITH THIS STINKY BAD BOY KING OF FRUITS go for other recipes !

keep me posted?? I'm so looking for someone to go to LA and bring me a ''fresh one''' ! 'it will happen''' one day !
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Hatchling

All your durian questions answered

Hi fellow durian lovers! I have just finished feasting on fresh durian from a village orchard in Malaysia yummy. If any of you are interested in the fine art of choosing durian and opening this thorny King of Fruits, read on at http://lilfootprint.blogspot.com/201...en-durian.html.
Cheers!
Grace
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM

Oy yeah.... now the world is going with ''durian ''' cakes, pies, etc..

http://www.reciprocity-foods.com/201...ream-cake.html
Durian Fig Cream Cake

It's time for another bad boy cake.... yup!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooooooooh got one chillin getting ready to go at 'him' again.... even if I have to eat the whole thing slice by slice all by myself. yum..
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM

Yesterday, in our local SAVOR edition to newspaper... a DURIAN write up! How fun. Just brought all pleasant delicious bad boy stinky deliciousness memorries. wow. I even got one chillin in the freezer. So rolling up my sleves... to try some ''' Durian Fried Rice'' with some '' Durian Coffee ''

check these out DURIAN LOVERS : http://www.yearofthedurian.com/

they have 'our' Durian Cake ! http://www.yearofthedurian.com/2012/...usse-cake.html

Last edited by wyjoz : 01-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:14 PM

http://rawfoodbali.com/8-reasons-why...mediu m=email

Every year a few hundred thousand people gather in Chanthaburi, Thailand, to bask in the magnificence of the world’s best Durians. Competitions range from the largest Durian to the weirdest shaped to speed eating. And of course, the main event, Miss Durian World Beauty Pageant. I wonder if there’s a Durian speed eating competition tied into that… On top of the World Durian Festival, there is a whole calendar full of Durian Festivals. My dream is to one day become a Durian Groupie and go to every festival in a year.

Durian goes on and on and on. Yeah.

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge