Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General

RFC - General Mission Statement, Posting Guidelines, Forum Annoucements, Suggestion Box, Introduce Yourself and More.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Hatchling

hot ears? and how I finally went 100%

So I've been 95-98% raw for 1 year 9 months. I overcame chronic fatigue, lost 38lbs, no more rosacea ect. But for the last few months, I no longer tolerate my treats (bread, cheese, chocolate, icecream). They make me so sick.
Finally my hubby helped me understand why I was struggling to go 100%. (he's not raw, just knows me really well:)
My rookie mistake going raw was eating too much fat. Then I had candida problems. I learned to lower it to <10%. So when I would have a fatty treat, the next day, I wouldn't have my nuts and seeds. I was always thinking I was craving carbs (bread, potato chips) but my brain was lacking fat!
I should have just kept up with the nuts, and candida would work itself out. And because my brain had all the fat it needed, the next day I had no cravings. So the treat cycle stopped. Without my healthy fat, the cycle would take longer.
Now I understand this, it's easier. If I get my nuts&seeds, saurkraut, wild soaked rice, along with my green juicing and monofruit meals, I am completely satisfied.
So I am 3 days into 100%, and I'm so excited to stick with it.
But now my detox symptoms are starting again! I have hot ears! Anyone else get that? haha

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General