Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Cleanses and Detox

Old 08-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Meadowlark

Today is my 4th day on the OP. I upped my dosage to 6 pills instead of the 4. I can't wait to see what that does to my innerds. Anyway there is not anything too exciting to report, it is all still very liquidy, Saturday it was more fiberous than the first day.
I am not taking it at night like the directions specify, I am doing it during the day, because it works within 1.5 hours and when I am ready to go to bed I want to sleep,lol. Yesterday did not produce as much movement as I thought it should, so that is why I upped the dosage.
How did I manage while camping? quite well indeed, we have a porta potty and an old tent that we house it in. I grabbed a book, 12 steps to raw foods (I like to re-read it ocassionally) and went to town, sorta speak.

Raw Love
Melissa

Last edited by Raw Love : 08-13-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Meadowlark

I've only had three weird BMs so far, since using Colonix. The first was in the first week. It looked like a string of figs. Another time the BM was all bluegreen. But something I ate the day before was suspect. This last week I had two weird ones. They both had a small sack in it. This last one looked like stringy seaweed. It also had some bluegreen in it.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Meadowlark

I have so been looking forward to that, if only I had fig looking and seaweed creatures comming out of me. I used to think this was all so gross, now it is enticing me. I think I am hooked. lol
I just have watery "things" that come out. Nothing exciting like the colonix. Just yuck not anything I would take a photo of, for sure.

Question: How do you know when your colon is clean? How can you tell? Especially if there is nothing of substance comming out. (Like photos I have seen) I will try something different next time. I want to see weirdness!! LOL

Oh! I am feeling icky and bloated today.

Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Love View Post
I have so been looking forward to that, if only I had fig looking and seaweed creatures coming out of me. I used to think this was all so gross, now it is enticing me. I think I am hooked. lol
I just have watery "things" that come out. Nothing exciting like the colonix. Just yuck not anything I would take a photo of, for sure.

Question: How do you know when your colon is clean? How can you tell? Especially if there is nothing of substance coming out. (Like photos I have seen) I will try something different next time. I want to see weirdness!! LOL

Oh! I am feeling icky and bloated today.

Raw Love
Melissa
I would first wait for the weirdness to appear. That could take some time. Maybe 2-3 weeks or so. The upper layers of mucoid plaque aren't all that weird. Once weirdness comes out, keep doing the cleanse until nothing weird appears at all. This might take 3 months. But the first thing is to get any at all.

Oh, I know the feeling, looking into the toilet inquisitively. I think the excitement isn't in the strange stuff so much as in the joy of getting it out of us!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Swallow

Hey everyone. I have a question... or two

1) I am currious how this helps with weight loss? I read some storied on colonix about it, and I am just wondering how it helps with that?

2) Also once you are clean does that mean you absorb more nurients?

3)And how does it help with sugar cravings (I read that too)

Thanks

I think I am going to order colonix to help clean msyelf out. I am excited.

-Mandy
Old 08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Meadowlark

Firstgarden
OK, thought I would be done with this colon cleanse in 7 days. That is what the directions suggest. I will carry on, orderd another bottle a minute ago. LOL Looking forward to weird things. What you said makes total sense. I am glad I asked, Thank you

Fricia
Hey, how you doing tonight? Don't think so much about the other thing darlin', things will happen when you and your body are ready. This is a good thing. Hormones are crazy things to deal with all the time.
Weight loss during a colon cleanse is beacuse you are loosing all the built up crap in your colon. (good choice of words Melissa) I have read that people have lost as much as 70 lbs. Most 15-20. It depends on the diet you have eaten and for how long. Can you imagine carring all that around with you for so long? That is what really makes me ill, the thought of that "stuff" all inside me rotting etc..
I would imagine that when we have a clean colon we will asorb nutrients much faster. Makes perfect sense to me.
Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Chickadee

Liver cleanse question...

grossly addicting and fascinating all at the same time... GREAT THREAD! thanks FG for posting it!!

okay - here's my story...

Did the MC for 21 days in jan. 2007- passed some very odd, weird stuff - that I now realize is mucoid plaque.

went raw in April 2007. I had some odd twinges of pain occassionally and felt led to do a liver cleanse.

I did the cleanse on RFT... did fine taking all the stuff -- directly after the second dose of salt I had extreme dia'doodies... pure liquid.

did the olive oil laid on my side - less than 20 min. later - I had to JUMP UP - RUN TO THE BATHROOM and almost didn't make it - again -- EXTREME DIA'DOODIES... pure liquid... and a lot of it!

aaand I went all night! There may have been what might have been 6 or 7 gallstone - not sure ... but the next morning... I was doing dishes and a few other chores - was hit with the intense need to run to the bathroom again - only this time -- I didn't know which end to stick in the toilet... I had to throw up too!! Up came some olive oil and grapefruit juice... yuck.... and I also continued with the dia'doodies for a full day...

I was so wiped out - it literally took me almost 3 days to recover - that cleanse kicked my arse.... flat out - knocked me out. ...

but b/c there weren't really any gall stones like the pics i've seen -- did the cleanse not work??

am I plugged up with yew... other things that I need to get rid of first??? b4 the gallstones can come out??

opinons please....

I thought I might do a parasite cleanse in 2 weeks and then wait a couple of weeks after that and try the liver cleanse again - although -- gotta tell ya - I'm a bit concerned bout that since it was so hard on me b4!

Oh... and I take Grapefruit seed extract 3x a day... 20 drops in 8 oz of water... nasty stuff - supposed to kill parasites and also good for losing weight-- so that's why I take it. I've been taking it now for 3 months.

and as far as my diet goes - rarely any fruit or sugars of any kind ... natural or otherwise.

okay -- Oh Sage creator of the Gross thread... what is the meaning of life... well... at least what is your opinion about my liver cleanse experience...

I'd like to think I had nothing to clean out thats why it kicked my arse...
i humbly await your response....

If you don't take care of your body ... where will you live?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Love View Post
Fricia
Hey, how you doing tonight? Don't think so much about the other thing darlin', things will happen when you and your body are ready. This is a good thing. Hormones are crazy things to deal with all the time.
Weight loss during a colon cleanse is because you are loosing all the built up crap in your colon. (good choice of words Melissa) I have read that people have lost as much as 70 lbs. Most 15-20. It depends on the diet you have eaten and for how long. Can you imagine carring all that around with you for so long? That is what really makes me ill, the thought of that "stuff" all inside me rotting etc..
I would imagine that when we have a clean colon we will absorb nutrients much faster. Makes perfect sense to me.
Raw Love
Melissa
Fircia - Melissa is right on target here. The only thing I could add is this. When your colon walls are absorbing only a percentage of your normal nutrient intake, YOUR BODY CRAVES FOR MORE NUTRIENTS. Junk food makes it all the worse. But because your body craves more nutrients, you want to eat more. Normal exercises in self control are now more difficult. With full nutrient absorption, a clean system, and high quality nutrients, imagine how good we would feel.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-15-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
White Bird

yuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGarden View Post
Fircia - Melissa is right on target here. The only thing I could add is this. When your colon walls are absorbing only a percentage of your normal nutrient intake, YOUR BODY CRAVES FOR MORE NUTRIENTS. Junk food makes it all the worse. But because your body craves more nutrients, you want to eat more. Normal exercises in self control are now more difficult. With full nutrient absorption, a clean system, and high quality nutrients, imagine how good we would feel.
A funny thing happened to me about three~thirty this morning. I woke up feeling like I had to burp, but then my chest felt very heavy. I was lying there thinking, "oh boy, I hope I'm not having a heart attack!" Had a hard time going back to sleep, and finally got out of bed at six to get ready for work. I rummaged through my handbag for some antacids, chewed a whole bunch and still don't feel any better. So, when I arrived at the store at 6:45 I was greeted by the woman who cleans my house. I told her I wasn't feeling too well, and she suggested I take a small bottle of olive oil, 8 oz. of grapefruit juice, and a teaspoon of epsom salt to clean out my gallbladder. Hmmmmmmm, I thought, this sounds like what everybody is doing on the Raw Freedom Community. Is that the correct recipe? I'm travelling to San Francisco tomorrow, so I probably won't try it this week, but when I return home I might give it a shot. I'll catch-up with you all next week.

peace,
misotrue

Last edited by misotrue : 08-15-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Swallow

Thanks for answering my questions And thanks Raw Love for all the support for everything, it means a lot. I am doing a lot better today with it. I let myself feel it even though I felt a little silly, and then I let myself see the picture I do want someday down the road and I let it go. Now I feel much better, and am ready to start doing things to get my health back on track.

But ya as far as answering my questions I am really starting to think I need to try colonix. Yesterday I went shopping for some new work clothes (haven't worked in a while) and I couldn't believe how big my tummy is. My legs and bum fit into a size 10 pants, and my tummy like a size 16. So by the time they fit my there they are too big in the legs and it looks funny. I was lucky to find some stretchy ones that weren't too bad. I always thought it was odd how I'd be biggest in my lower midsection. When I poke my tummy, ya sure there is some flab there but boy is my tummy ever poking out a lot (like if I tense my ab and poke at it there is some fat but mainly it freaks me out to see how far out my abs and everything behind them are sticking out.). I always thought I just had to lose weight, but maybe this is partly to blame. I dont feel very in control of what I eat or how much I eat because I still always feel like I need more. I am also tired a lot, and I am no longer regular in the bathroom.

So ya, does that sound like I need a cleaning out? I am hoping that if I do this it will help make my life easier so I don't crave sad all day everyday, and can start moving to becoming high raw instead of low.

Anyways thanks again, what do you think?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFire View Post
Oh Sage creator of the Gross thread... what is the meaning of life...
"Let me remind you of the pilgrim who asked for an audience with the Dalai Lama.
He was told he must first spend five years in contemplation. After the five years, he was ushered into the Dalai Lama's presence, who said, 'Well, my son, what do you wish to know?' So the pilgrim said, 'I wish to know the meaning of life, father.'
And the Dalai Lama smiled and said, 'Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?'"

LOL!

Well, I have nothing against Dalai Lamas but you reminded me of this old Procol Harum classic from the 60s - "Shine On Brightly." Subtle English humor you might call it. lol.

More seriously, the meaning of Life is like an incredibly, amazing, empowering fruit. You cannot very well describe it to another. It's like, you just have to taste and sea.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-30-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
and I went all night! There may have been what might have been 6 or 7 gallstone - not sure ... but the next morning... I was doing dishes and a few other chores - was hit with the intense need to run to the bathroom again - only this time -- I didn't know which end to stick in the toilet... I had to throw up too!! Up came some olive oil and grapefruit juice...
Did you exceed 1/2 cup of oil? If not, then you have a sensitive system. There are other recipes listed earlier in the gross thread. Maybe a day of fasting would alleviate the problem.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
I was so wiped out - it literally took me almost 3 days to recover - that cleanse kicked my arse.... flat out - knocked me out. ...

but b/c there weren't really any gall stones like the pics i've seen -- did the cleanse not work??

am I plugged up with yew... other things that I need to get rid of first??? b4 the gallstones can come out??

opinions please....

I thought I might do a parasite cleanse in 2 weeks and then wait a couple of weeks after that and try the liver cleanse again - although -- gotta tell ya - I'm a bit concerned bout that since it was so hard on me b4!

I'd like to think I had nothing to clean out thats why it kicked my arse...
Most people have stones, or at least some gravel. The older you are, and/or the more fatty your diet growing up (particularly meat & dairy), the more likely you will have stones. They form from cholesterol and bile. Nothing else is likely blocking your passage of stones. If you've done a parasite cleanse and never saw any in your BMs, you probably don't have any, or a serious case of them. There are different parasite cleanses. The wormwood is rough. Try something besides Paragone if you do one again. Maybe even just black walnut.

Your reaction is very unusual. Again, you may just have a very sensitive system. I will be doing my 7th liver/GB cleanse soon. My 6th produced no stones, but I did waver from the exact program (in timing of things) and the last time I did that -- I also got little or no stones. That was my 4th, I think. But on my 5th, I really hit the jackpot. I passed several HUGE soft stones with a vengeance.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Meadowlark

Today my BM is no longer liquid it is much more solid looking. HE he he he
Can't wait to see what it brings on for tomorrow. LOL

Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by firicia View Post
I always thought it was odd how I'd be biggest in my lower midsection. When I poke my tummy, ya sure there is some flab there but boy is my tummy ever poking out a lot (like if I tense my ab and poke at it there is some fat but mainly it freaks me out to see how far out my abs and everything behind them are sticking out.). I always thought I just had to lose weight, but maybe this is partly to blame.

So ya, does that sound like I need a cleaning out? I am hoping that if I do this it will help make my life easier so I don't crave sad all day everyday, and can start moving to becoming high raw instead of low.

Anyways thanks again, what do you think?
firicia - It sounds like it's time for some housecleaning. Since having children, wifey has had quite the pouchy-poo. I always attributed that to having babies. My thinking has changed a lot. In fact, my daughter went and got a colonic because she heard that it helps to flatten out the tummy.

With a clean colon, you will crave less food. Whether that is SAD or raw is another matter. We still need to use self control with SAD, regardless. But, I find that I'm eating SAD less & less as I progress toward raw and do the cleanses.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Cleanses and Detox