Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Photo Album

Photo Album Have any great pics to share? This is the place!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Meadowlark

The Pet Photo Thread - Post Your Pet!

Well, I've been thinking of this for a long time, even back at the last forum. Good thing I didn't start it then.

Do you have a pet?

dog
cat
mouse
guinea pig
horse
lamb
goat
ferret
raccoon
squirrel
fish
bird
reptile
amphibian
Insect? - Oh I knew someone who had a pet bug.. Something for everyone.
other?

Post a PIC here for everyone's enjoyment.

Well, as mentioned in the other thread, this is our Golden retriever - Lady Francis. She is our merry local beggar. and does quite well in spite of the recent restrictions. Also a bandit of sorts who has had some notable "hind paw" adventures as she has been known on occasion to reach up to the kitchen counter and make an exploit. Also, quite the "harvester," she has gleaned mightily from our tomato plants and the passion fruit hanging over the wall.

We also have 2 regular cats, plus 4 rescued feral kittens. Also a Mourning Dove - another rescue but a keeper.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-13-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Great idea for a thread FG! Yay!

Quote:
Also, quite the "harvester," she has gleaned mightily from our tomato plants and the passion fruit hanging over the wall.
So cute! Angel loves picking/eating the huckleberries around here. Kylo looooooooves fruits, esp nanas and all the other exotic fruits (mango, papaya, persimmon...) Oh and you should see him munching along a watermelon rind!

OK, here's our furry family. The funny thing is that they all came to us...

Kylo, who's originally Amber (Don's daughter)'s dog but has been living with Don for more than 6 years. He's part Husky, part German Sheppard

Angel, who's John and Livina's black lab, but she and Kylo utterly fell in love the moment they met, when we moved to the retreat. Now she virtually lives with us!

DaPuss, who was a stray kitten Livina found around a farm in Calgary and brought all the way back here. Livina kept leaving her with us whenever she'd go away travelling. Last time was 3 summers back and DaPuss hasn't left us since!

And here's the entire Furry Family patiently waiting for their slave to deliver their partly raw supper.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Kylo, who's originally Amber (Don's daughter)'s dog but has been living with Don for more than 6 years.
Oh, teenage shenanigans, how familiar. We have inherited a cat from our daughter who abandoned it when she went off to bigger & better things. Then she obtained a new kitty in Las Vegas. She also bought a pure bred Yellow Lab for our middle son when he stayed with her. Inheritance is supposed to go one way. But we have a new twist on things now. You get the problem, we get the money. Lol.

We ended up with the care of this dog, named Duke. And he was, hands down, the dumbest dog in the history of the planet! He tore up their sprinkler system before we got him. We always got calls from neighbors, blocks away, to come get him, because he was an escape artist. A veritable Houdini! We had lots of Chinese neighbors in that neighborhood. And maybe you know how a lot of them are, regarding dogs.. scared to death of them! Well, one day at a nearby school field, Duke got all excited and wanted to say hello to this Chinese lady. He was harmless, but to this lady he might as well have been a dragon from hell as she ran in circles screaming while he happily romped after her.. much like a rocking horse. The sight was both horrific & hilarious at the same time.

One time Duke jumped right in to the Chinese neighbor's car as they were getting ready to leave.

One time while walking her, he steeped up to a tree to pee, and lifted the other leg and peed AWAY from the tree! The stories are endless of ol' Dukie. Finally one day, the boys were wrastling with him in the living room, his collar came off, he got out and that was the end of Dukie. I checked the local pounds. No sign of him anywhere. I was not disappointed.

We tried to understand just how a dog could be so dumb, so incredibly deranged. Then we heard that he got into a big bag of weed one of my sons had, and ate it.

GREAT PICS of your menagerie! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-13-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Hatchling

Talking Did somebody ask about my dog?

My dog Gracie is a gorgeous 170 lb (and growing) english mastiff puppy of 22 months. These dogs fill out until they are 3. Luckily, the breed is known as 'gentle giants'. They are big, lovable dollops, although she can get downright athletic if there's food involved.

My dog loves nothing more than to hang out (sprawl out) with her 'people'. She’s not so much a pet as she is a lifestyle. She goes to work with my boyfriend on the days that’s possible, otherwise she hangs out with me.

She’s welcome (and expected) in quite a few local stores, where she sits at attention in front of the counter until someone snaps to it and gives her a treat. Blockbuster, Home Depot, Revy, a local hair salon, the butchers’, our insurance guy’s office, all the pet stores, … they see me, some don’t know my name, but they say, “Where’s Gracie?” if I walk in unaccompanied.

Her nicknames are Mrs. Deary, Mrs. NumNums, and Fur Donkey.

After an afternoon dip during our recent roadtrip:

Making sure the little upstairs baby is safe:

With her boyfriend Lewis, a 9 year old lab

Rawkin'...who could go on and on about dawg!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Meadowlark

We just adopted a new little one, his name is Charlie, he is 5 mo old. Sieberian husky/sheppard mix and beautiful. When I can figure out how to post a photo I will. Then you all will be in trouble, lol.

Don & Carm
What do you feed your dogs? I am interested in finding a recipe for dog food that I can make here at home. We lost our dog Lucy just a few weeks ago and I personally believe it was the processed dog food she was eating that did her in after all these years. We fed her Avo Derm which I used to think was the best food you could buy, my thoughts are now changing. We want to feed Charlie raw food or close to it as possible. Charlie loves, tomatos, cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, and Alex's Green Smoothies. We have only had Charlie since Thursday and he has been eating our leftover raw food, is this wrong? I feel it is. Carrots, give him a carrot and he thinks he has a bone. lol

Raw Love
Melissa
Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Meadowlark

This is wifey with our second cat, Simon..

He grew up fast and became quite the porker. Now he looks like a bean bag with four legs and a head. Well, you can't tell from this shot. You can't see that big bean bag hangin' down.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-12-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGarden View Post
Now he looks like a bean bag with four legs and a head.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkin' View Post
Love your commentaries in Gracie.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Chickadee

Well, I'll post a couple of our furry friends. I don't want to clutter up the boards with our small "zoo".

Here are our two dogs, Frosty (Yellow Lab/mix) and Dale (miniature Dachshund).

Here is one of our 4 cats, Zappa. In the first photo you can see how he normall prefers to sit. He's a bit different from other cats. He has no tail because he is a Tabby/Manx mix, and was born with no tail from the manx part of him. The second photo is him laying around like he is a normal cat.

We have 3 other cats, Sunshine, Bowser and Stewie, but I do not have any good photos of them to post right now. Maybe later. We also have a cockatiel named Sweetpea. I think that's it for now, but may have to go around through the house and make sure I haven't forgotten about anyone.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Great pics everyone!

Rawkin', Gracie is just gorgeous!!!

Melissa,
We feed the dogs oats soaked and a little olive oil and left-over pulp from making carrot-apple juice for breakfast. Oh and crushed garlic. They also get a bit (1 cup?) or dogfood as well.

Supsup is carrot-apple pulp, chopped veggies and veggie scraps (altho Don has started to blend these in the Vitamix lately. Much quicker! ), olive oil, raw egg yolk, wild salmon, and a little dogfood. Sometimes Don prepares them 'a treat': boiled potatoes or rice instead of the dogfood.

And they get plenty of 'lickies' and bits of fruits/veggies while we're doing food prep.

They are super healthy, don't have the usual 'dogsmell', and their fur is super soft. Happy little campers they are!

RV4H,
Quote:
In the first photo you can see how he normall prefers to sit.
OMG, that's hilarious!!! It got me laughing on the edge of tears! lol

Gee, do you have an animal farm or something? How many more members in your 'zoo'?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawVegan4Health View Post
I don't want to clutter up the boards with our small "zoo".
Oh, we'd love to see all your pets.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Meadowlark

Angie

This was our last dog. A puppy in this shot, she was part Dane and became our horse. She was also a wall hopper. The rest is history.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-13-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Chickadee

Here is my pet family of 3 Cats.

Princess, Bart and then Lisa. Bart and Lisa are brother & sister!
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Here is my pet family of 3 Cats.

Princess, Bart and then Lisa. Bart and Lisa are brother & sister!
Adorable!

Old 08-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Meadowlark

Simon

We've had lots of cats. Simon has the most personality of them all. At first I didn't wany another cat. But wifey brought him in and he soon won everyone's hearts. He became our dogs best friend. As a kitten, they would wrestle all hours of the day. Simon gained weight quickly and really blew up. It's all about food & fun with him. He's had lotsa nicknames.. "Clown," "Wannabe Bear," "Big Bunny Rabbit.. things like that. He likes to wait at our bedroom door where Lacy - the other cat is, and when the door opens, dash in and under the bed. His plan is to get Lacy's food. He also would go outside and try to get in on the deal with the food we'd feed to the wild cats on the block wall. (We have ferel cats in the lot behind us.) Well, apparently his efforts paid off. Now he's on a diet and is not happy about that. But he's adjusting.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 08-13-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Photo Album