Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time > Green And Sustainable Living > Green and Sustainable Living General

Green and Sustainable Living General Discuss Energy Efficient Appliances, Healthy Home Furnishings, Recycling, How To Reduce Your Footprint, Self-Sustainability and More!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Finch

Thumbs up Aura Paint by Benjamin Moore

Aura Paint by Benjamin Moore relases less VOC's and uses water-borne ingredients to make it environmentally-friendly. It costs a bit more than regular latex paint (approx $55 per gallon), however, it claims just one-coat coverage on your walls. It claims to go from white to black in one coat, or from black to white in just one coat. One gallon will do the work of two gallons (or more with dark colors!) of paint. That is like B1G1 all the time!

It is very thick, so you can control the amount of paint on your brush, and cut in/do trim work with greater ease than standard paint. It also dries in minutes and is nearly odor free.

I believe this paint is available on the West Coast now, and will be available throughout the US Fall of 2007.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Atlantic Puffin

Hi RVM!

We just started using Aura here in the Scene Shop in Washington, DC. So it's hit the East coast!

It is a fantastic paint. It's more expensive, but it's worth it. It has beautiful, rich color and almost NO ODOR. The people at Benjamin Moore have done a great job bringing the brilliance found in solvent-based paints to water-borne medium. And lower VOCs make all of us in the shop happy!

Thanks for posting-
Abby
Old 08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Finch

Talking

AnAbbyTree -

COOL! I am so glad that someone has used it! I want to paint my walls in my new place, but they are 20 feet tall -- that is alot of paint! (And alot of $$$$)

Raw Freedom Community > Green Guide: Saving Our Planet One Choice at a Time > Green And Sustainable Living > Green and Sustainable Living General