I just had the perfect excuse to finally try this recipe I got from one of Karen's newsletters ages ago. Why Oh Why did I wait so long!?!
It can't get any easier than this and they are yummilicious!
Banana and Coconut Cookies
By Karen Knowler
Makes 10 cookies, approx. 7cm diameter, 1cm deep.
* 4 bananas
* 200g (or meat from 1) fresh coconut, sliced or grated (use coconut chips if you can’t get fresh coconut)
* 125g (or 1 cup) almonds
* 125g (or 1 cup) raisins OR finely chopped dates (less if you prefer not too sweet)
1) Process almonds into a fine powder, either in a good food processor, nut mill or dry jug of a Vita-Mix blender.
2) Pour into a food processor and add the bananas, coconut and raisins/dates to create a smooth mixture.
3) Make circles of the mixture on a dehydrator sheet to your preferred size.
4) Dehydrate until dry and chewy (about 18 hours).
RAW COACH'S TOP TIPS:
* Try different nuts, such as macadamias for a creamier, richer taste – but allow longer to dehydrate as they are much more oily.
These would be great with a little cacao powder too.