Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General

Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Chickadee

Water...how much is enough....

Hi everyone..back in the ol' days when I was still eating SAD I was told to drink half my body weight in ounces...which would be, ahem!!!.....70 ounces. Since I've been raw now over a year my raw books say (can't remember where or which ones) I don't have to drink as much....I'm trying to follow The 80-10-10 diet so I'm really eating a lot of fruit and veggies and zero grains....

Sooooooooo, here's what's up...I have a few SAD friends who like myself are always wanting to lose a few pounds so we all do these little challenges...exercise, fruit, veggies, 80 ounces of water...a whole list and we check off each item and support each other, it's easy for me because I already do them all, I don't have to struggle getting veggies down like they do...shoot, I have more then they do before lunch...but I'm trying to drink water again and I'm wondering if it's too much for me.....

Does anyone know the right amount...or how much to strive for??? I drink green smoothies every day, too...

Thanks, Drowning in Huntington Beach, Elaine
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Swallow

oh. that's a difficult one. in my personal experience, i can eat a lot of junk & not exercice... yet... won't gain any weight if i drink enough water which was half my weight in ounces. but even then, it's been suggested one should even drink above that amount if they are consuming dehydrating products like alcohol, caffeine, etc....

how long have you been RAW? & how long were you on the SAD? although you may have been RAW for a long time, those yrs. on SAD may call for some water reparation.

and yes. i don't know for sure. just going by my own experience here. i don't think it would be too much to drink half your weight in oz.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Chickadee

I have always aimed for about 80-90 ozs of water a day, but then I am really a thickly built gal. Although I wear a size 6, I weigh more than you'd think, so the 50% of your body weight in ozs would make sense. I find that when I ate sad I really craved the extra water, and would drink that amt independent of my "wet foods" I think with all the green smoothies and fruit you probably could get by on less, but why not hydrate more? It's so good for you. Just listen to your body.

I puff up on too much fruit, and realized that many of what I thought were my sweet/fruit cravings were really hydration cravings. When I hydrate more the sweet tooth is not so sharp.

I drink lemon water with stevia in it all day long, and swear that i look and feel leaner when I do so.

Glug glug!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Chickadee

Thank you so much for your responses...7270, what you said makes sense, though I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and rarely eat dehydrated foods, I'm sure it won't hurt to hydrate myself after so many years of eating SAD...this time I'm over a year raw ...

Hypnotista...first, I wanna say, I REALLY enjoy your posts...you have such a way with words that I hang onto every one of them and you also post with such wisdom, love and caring for others and I thank you for that.

...your responses will help me because with so many books I often get confused and what usually works for me is the responses of people who have been where I'm at, felt what I'm feeling and share their experience with me.

Thank you....and glug glug, hahaha!!!!!!!!! Elaine

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General