Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Mute Swan

Smile Breakfast of....all we have left?

So today was my shopping day and we stocked up! Buuuuut, for the past 2 days we have been living on the same thing nearly all day because the shelves were pretty bare, here is our YUMMY bare fare

Ani's Breakfast Cakes -flax meal, coconut oil, maple syrup (I know ),um, and salt I think. Mixed in a bowl and then rolled in small balls, lined in bowls like a crust, or just flaked in with a fork.

Plums (unripe mostly as they WON'T ripen ) and dates to taste, with a bit of water blended til smoooth

Almond or Cashew cream -nuts in blender with a bit of water and vanilla.

Then stack/layer the above and swirl to look pretty

Supprisingly yummy, Derek keeps asking for his "pudding" morning noon and night! So yeah, kid friendly!

I have a picture on my MIL's camera as ours are out of action so will post that later along with proper recipe's in their places (kids/breakfast) Sorry for the spastic behaviour Caleb has cut 2 lower teeth and a molar (other one sure to follow soon) in the last week, things are hectic!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Meadowlark

I can never quite get to that point of using the last stuff in the house. I break down and get more stuff so that I don't break down and start cooking my husband's store of pasta!

Your last meals actually sound pretty darn good though!
Old 10-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Oh yum! Sounds awesome!

It used to happen to us as well. I like how it 'forces' you to be creative in ways you normally wouldn't.

You know, Danny, with all your talk of Ani's book, I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Hopefully it's available via inter-library loan. *crossing fingers*

Last edited by Carmella : 10-06-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Mute Swan

My Mom works at a library in BC and I think she is going to see if they will order Ani's book, so hopefully, if it is not available yet it soon will be!

There is a review of it in the latest Purely Delicious issue, it is a good one! I think you would really like the recipe book because it doesn't use lots of hard to get ingredients, and because the recipes are simple they are also flexible

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General