Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out

Hanging Out A place to just hang out and talk about everything else!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Swallow

Natural Soap? Shampoo? Conditioner? Toothpaste?

anyone know of a good place to buy from?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Nuthatch

I really love Max Green Alchemy shampoo and conditioner. The products are expensive but worth it IMO.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Hatchling

I use Pureology shampoo & conditioner. You can get it online or at some salons. I originally purchased from a salon, then bought it online that way I could tell if it smelled/looked right. I use Nutribiotic or Shikai body washes.

I'm totally open to new suggestions, though.

As I stated in the other thread I straighten, blow dry, and flat iron my hair so I'm not going shampoo/conditioner-free, nor will I do the baking soda/apple cider vinegar thing.

I use toothpaste when I brush. Either Jason or Kiss My Face, which you can get online or at the health food store.

I usually wash my face and remove my make up at the same time with jojoba oil or castor oil.

I wear eye make up. I use Almay eyeliner, some no-name eyeshadow, and Zuzu Luxe mascara; which isn't sold anywhere near me, so I have to order it online.

I guess none of it would be considered natural, but I do stick to vegan & animal friendly versions. And like I said, I'd be open to trying new stuff.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1234 View Post
I really love Max Green Alchemy shampoo and conditioner. The products are expensive but worth it IMO.

Do you like their body wash? What's it smell like? I've heard good things about the shampoo and conditioner. I'm curious.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Meadowlark

i use kirks castile bar soap , its all natural - no animal products - coconut oil based soap . i buy it here in michigan at meijers and other grocers for a dollar per . their web site = www.kirksnatural.com . i think at their site they might have other things like shampoo and that .
Old 10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Chickadee

I switched to Auromere toothpaste and soap products. I'm loving it! Especially the fact that it is Ayurvedic based.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Meadowlark

Exclamation

I really like how my teeth feel after I brush with :"Tooth Soap, perfect Prescription.
And sometimes when I'm in a hurry I'll use Peelu toothpaste - But the taste is just down right nasty
Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Chickadee

I use Dr bronners saop for my body and some hand washables. It's as natural as they come, and is the only wash which has never contributed to any skin irritation. It rinses super clean, and leaves no residue to make skin itchy. Also,k it has no Sodium lauryl sulfate or synthetic perfumes. What the comnpany does for its employees and the amount of $$ they donate to good causes puts most companies to shame too!

For hair, I like Giovanni. This is the only stuff I have found which is inexpensive, yet works as wel as Aveda or other big name brands. I also like Dr Hauschka's hair products, but they're pricey- and the Giovanni products make my hair behave more nicely.

I use baking soda to brush my teeth. I avoid sodium lauryl sulfate when possible since ity's pretty toxic, and even the natural brands have it. Those that don't usually use still glycerin as base. I was having pain in a few teeth and feared a monster trip to the dentist. Luckily, I found out that the glycerin coats the teeth and prevents them from remineralizing. Once I stopped using glycerin-containing products and switched to plain ol' cheap baking soda...the pain vanished within a week! You'll want to get your soda from Bob's Red Mill or similar to ensure that it's aluminum-free.

I love Dr Bronners lotions too when I want a light mositurizer that works fast. When I feel dry, I use coconut oil or jojoba.

You can buy all these things at Whole Foods and many other health food stores, I think I have seen a few of these things at the Vitamin Shoppe too.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Meadowlark

Talking

hey Hypnotista,
Quote:
I use Dr bronners saop for my body and some hand washables. It's as natural as they come, and is the only wash which has never contributed to any skin irritation. It rinses super clean, and leaves no residue to make skin itchy. Also,k it has no Sodium lauryl sulfate or synthetic perfumes. What the comnpany does for its employees and the amount of $$ they donate to good causes puts most companies to shame too!
-
I use dr. bronner as well.
Funny, first time I tried it I used the peppermint one and I could feel the burning/tingleing sensation on my face and it sorta freak me out, until i got used to it - being natural and all.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Chickadee

ooh! That peppermint saop will wake you up and get you running, eh? The face and all, ahem, tender areas will certainly "feel the power." It's about as jolting as any espresso in the morning! LOL. Nothing beats it on a hot day though. I feel cooler and cleaner than ever in my life!

I have a tendency to switch over to the almond in the winter. Chicago weather is jolt enough!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Finch

Talking *Giggling*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotista View Post
ooh! That peppermint saop will wake you up and get you running, eh? The face and all, ahem, tender areas will certainly "feel the power." It's about as jolting as any espresso in the morning! LOL.
My husband was very suprised the first time he used it! LOL! He called out from the shower -- "What kinda soap is this????"
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Atlantic Puffin

LOL! I had heard as much about the peppermint! I use the lavender Dr. Bronner's, and I love it.

I also use Dr. Bronner's body lotion and Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner. I use EarthScience face wash and face lotion, and the crystal deodorant.
I get all of these products at Whole Foods.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH301 View Post
hey Hypnotista,
-
I use dr. bronner as well.
Funny, first time I tried it I used the peppermint one and I could feel the burning/tingleing sensation on my face and it sorta freak me out, until i got used to it - being natural and all.
Can´t buy it here...
But everything new I advise to my natureshop is selling like HELL.
So maybe in the future..

LL
Old 10-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotista View Post

For hair, I like Giovanni. This is the only stuff I have found which is inexpensive, yet works as wel as Aveda or other big name brands. I also like Dr Hauschka's hair products, but they're pricey- and the Giovanni products make my hair behave more nicely.

I use baking soda to brush my teeth. I avoid sodium lauryl sulfate when possible since ity's pretty toxic, and even the natural brands have it. Those that don't usually use still glycerin as base. I was having pain in a few teeth and feared a monster trip to the dentist. Luckily, I found out that the glycerin coats the teeth and prevents them from remineralizing. Once I stopped using glycerin-containing products and switched to plain ol' cheap baking soda...the pain vanished within a week! You'll want to get your soda from Bob's Red Mill or similar to ensure that it's aluminum-free.

I love Dr Bronners lotions too when I want a light mositurizer that works fast. When I feel dry, I use coconut oil or jojoba.

You can buy all these things at Whole Foods and many other health food stores, I think I have seen a few of these things at the Vitamin Shoppe too.
Hypno, I will have a look at my brand of baking soda, maybe you know if it is aluminum/free.
Come back on it tomorrow...
Thanks, LL
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Hatchling

Since winter is coming here (Michigan) my skin is starting to really dry out. Anyone have any suggestions for body washes that will make me feel clean but will moisturize, as well? I especially need something that isn't going to clog pores and break me out as some of the heavier moisturizing products do.

Raw Freedom Community > Raw Freedom Lounge > Hanging Out