Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Talking Project : Mr K's 1st RAW Blackforest Cheesecake

Hey all I am in Singapore right now. Came back to see my family and surely I am missing my daily dosage of Kandy

Despite being here *well my body is but my mind is somewhere else * I have been playing in my head preparation for BLACKFOREST CHEESECAKE!!

This is putting waaaaaaaaaaay too much stress for me. I am also looking out for coffee extract here in Singapore, I even visited Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf but they do not carry it here in Singapore. I will still keep a look out for it otherwise I will go with Jozzie's advise.

So I am psyching myself to prepare for Mr K's bird-day. I want the cake to be the best he has ever tasted so ja, his special day is next week and I will SURELY KEEP A REPORT OF IT!! I will be back to Bangkok on Tuesday a couple of days short which gives me time to make this.

So join me as I keep a track of my anxieties/dilemmas/bloopers etc of achieving my project!!

Any inputs, feedbacks, advises, notes, love-notes are always more than welcome

Plus I can always do with more lucks, hugs and any positivities you want to send my way

Old 10-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Quetzal

Aisah, sweet Tweety Meadow lark. Relax, Relax. Listen to the sweet song of your meadowlark and relax. Stress is not a good ingredient for any recipe.

We are all here for moral support, help, tips and LOVE. You are totaly surrounde by LOVE. So just KNOW that Mr Kandy's cake is going to be the best ever!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hi Peaches4Ever, you are the sweetest thing! I thank you for your lovely note. It is a Saturday evening here and I will be sleeping soon.

As you said - 'Stress is not a good ingredient for any recipe', so tomorrow I will be shopping but boo-hoo since my card's been suspended and my daily allowance is only 800 I cannot splurge

Nonetheless, it sure will take my mind off the cake. I am thinking of coming back to Bangkok on Monday evening. I need to clean my dehydrator so I could 'melt' some cacao butter for this lovely cake - I know it will turn out to be fabulous

Thanks for the support dear Peaches4Ever

xoxo
Old 10-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Aisah:

1. here's a dose of LOVE

2. Relax! Stress does not go into the cake

3. Make the crust

4. Relax

5. Make the filling ----- you will be shocked how simple it is!

6. Place in freezer

7. Relax and forget the cake !!! till it's time to take it out !!!!

**** Always; if it turns out that he does not like it;;;; DOUBT IT;;;;
have a SAD SAD SAD Black Forest ready as a back up plan.

AND LOVE LOVE LOVE that's what counts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joz zzzzzzzie
Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hey, I just had a genius idea!!!

I was talking to MJDB earlier and she mentioned she might make a black forest cake (based on my strawberry shortcake recipe) next week too. Sooooo, it got me a-thinking...

How about we have a cake making marathon!?! You know, like the RFC Cake Making Support Group. lol

We could then all post our creations in a thread.

That way, you wouldn't feel so alone, Aisah girl, with the task at hand.

What do you say?

Anybody in?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Yah! I'm in! to help poor 's'tweety bird in her anxciousness. Which day are we making the BLACK FOREST CAKE? Aisah, don't feel alone, stressed out, just relax and do and enjoy??? Joz
Old 10-14-2007, 04:53 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Talking RFC Cake Making Support Group

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE GWEATEST!!!!

You guys moved me so much I am touched *sob sob*

I am so blessed to know such loving souls! You guys showed such compassion to me and that to me is the highest form of love!!!

Ich liebe you you YOU!!!!

Know what, I feel so relaxed now that I know I have some people out there making the cake along with me even though I know those people out there are mostly cakexperts but it feels good already...... and you know what?? Now I cannot wait to make the cake

Okay his birthday is this coming thursday and I will start to make the cake on wednesday as advised by the cakexpert Jozziezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

She said to leave it in the freezer and into the fridge an hour before *see I remember all details* serving

Thank you for wanting to be a part of this project to keep me calm and sane

Yes we will all have to take a picture of it.... and will post in here as RFC's first Cake Making Support Group

DANKE DANKE DANKE

xoxoxo

Last edited by aisah : 10-14-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Awesome girls!!! It's a go then! Woo-Hoo!

You are so welcome, dear Tweetie Birdie! Here's a big support hug to you...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))

Quote:
even though I know those people out there are mostly cakexperts but it feels good already
Not me! I've only made cake a few times so I'm no expert, believe me! Plus, all that really matters is that you have fun in the process; then it will be a definite success!

Ok, so Wednesday for you is Thursday for us, right?

I'm hoping to get a chance to go shopping before that so I can buy cherries and join in the BF party but worst case, I'll make the banana chockie cake instead.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Swallow

You'll do great, & I'm sure Mr. K will like the cake regardless!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Swallow

Maybe just the frosting! Yummy...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Mute Swan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmella View Post
Awesome girls!!! It's a go then! Woo-Hoo!

I'm hoping to get a chance to go shopping before that so I can buy cherries and join in the BF party but worst case, I'll make the banana chockie cake instead.
Ooo I am so excited, can I join?
I have a cake to make too as it is Brents b-day on Sunday (next, the 21st), please Carmella, can you tell me more about this banana chockie one?
OOooooo I love me some banana chocolate ANYTHING!!!

So the plan for now though is another divine BF cake with Aisah yeah?

AISAH - humbly asking your forgiveness for all the times I have misspelled your lovely name and I AM working on an Adoption topic response but the nights have been rough for a loooooong time here - Caleb is cutting 2 lower teeth, and 2 molars (on one side? ) with possibly the other 2 on their way!!! *sigh, he is crying as I type this
Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Quetzal

Quote:
Ok, so Wednesday for you is Thursday for us, right?
I believe Wednesday for Aisah is Tuesday for us in North America.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Oh you guys I really do appreciate this a whole big bundle!!! I cannot express how much I am moved by this totally unselfish act!!! Truly thank you muchly!! Now I feel I can conquer the world well uh not the world but BFCcake at least

Quote:
You are so welcome, dear Tweetie Birdie! Here's a big support hug to you...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))
Danke fur the BIG BEAR HUG

Quote:
Not me! I've only made cake a few times so I'm no expert, believe me! Plus, all that really matters is that you have fun in the process; then it will be a definite success!
*nudging wyjoz aka MKDB aka DODObird aka Jozzzzzziezzzzzz aka zzzzzzzzz psssst this coming from a person who would otherwise also be known as carmi cRAWer???

Quote:
Know what, though it would be much more fun to have all making a re-visiting of BFCcake however if you have no access to the ingredients no fret.... actually there is a hint of guilt in me for dragging you guys along to make this BFCcake, so even if you cannot or maybe you have done it and would prefer to do something else so please by all means do so. Just any cake is good enough. Apart from being Mr K's project, it could also be a tribute to aisah making Mr K's first RAW cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7270 View Post
You'll do great, & I'm sure Mr. K will like the cake regardless!
Danke danke 7270!! With ALL the support and well-wishers, I am so geared up to make this fabulous cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothamerica View Post
Maybe just the frosting! Yummy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_banany View Post
Ooo I am so excited, can I join?
Please please please dooooooooooo....... the more cake the merrier!

Quote:
AISAH - humbly asking your forgiveness for all the times I have misspelled your lovely name
hey no worries Danny_banany!! 'Call a rose by any other name and it will still smell as sweet' by William Shakespeare.

Quote:
and I AM working on an Adoption topic response but the nights have been rough for a loooooong time here - Caleb is cutting 2 lower teeth, and 2 molars (on one side?) with possibly the other 2 on their way!!! *sigh, he is crying as I type this
oh dear I know how that can be for I had nieces and nephews staying with me before. Wish you and Caleb the best!! And a good night rest for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches4Ever View Post
I believe Wednesday for Aisah is Tuesday for us in North America.
Yup!! To be exact, here are some of the location based on my Bangkok, Thursday say est 2000hours *is the time I expect to serve to Mr K well if we are not busy with the frosting *

Vancouver, Thursday 0600
Miami, Thursday 0900 *sigh*

erm sorry but I cannot remember where my dear Jozzie stays and no faintess idea where Danny_banany is located either
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Oh I forgot to add, my dear sister got me a cherry pitter from UK.... however sadly, I do not see any fresh cherries around

Old 10-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Mute Swan

Oh that is too bad, it would be fun to try fresh cherries!!!
You are the TWEETEST !!!!

I am located in Washington, aprox 5 hours south of Vancouver Canada

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General