Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Any ideas and suggestions about how to improve RFC Forum? Please post them here!

Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Talking Need Ideas For Xmas Draw Prizes

Hey guys!

I thought it would be fun to have a draw for Christmas and was wondering if you have any suggestions for cool prizes. (Please bear in mind that we have a humble budget. )

So far, I'm thinking Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen and Cafe Gratitude's 'I am Grateful' recipe book.

Any other ideas?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Since I am desperately seeking iTunes, I was thinking, hey music is food for the soul, you don't only feed raw foods to the physical body..... feed music to the soul also if one does not like songs/music one can always opt for an audiophile.... or otherwise winner of this iTunes voucher can always pass it onto me

just a thought

Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Finch

Lightbulb Magazine Subscription, etc.

A subscription to Purely Delicious?

Your ebook?

The Thanksgiving ebook from Justin & Heidi (a holiday is a holiday! LOL!)?

Oxy-Powder?

E3Live?

Something from Thailand Trading Company?

Maybe have others on the forum offer up their goods and services (like their ebooks, products they sell, their services, etc.) to make it even bigger?

Ask other Raw Food Companies to give something for the give-a-away?

We could charge $1 (donated) per ticket or 12 for $10 for chances to win the prizes. All the proceeds could go to making RFC even better!

***just my raw thoughts, no worries if you pass on the ideas!***
Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

ja i think it is nice that any participants willing to or want to be a part of this lucky draw project to contribute/donate some cash..... after all we are a community right. also in this way, it is *a little more* fair for those who are actively involved.... also this is just my thoughts at 1.37am and not sleeping but wide awake and in a few hours will be on her raw BFCcake making
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Thanks girls for the GREAT ideas!

RVM, I really like the idea of promoting our members' and our affiliate products. Good thinkin'. Anyone has services/products to offer (btw, it doesn't have to be for free. We'll be happy to support what you do! )

OK, Don and I brainstormed about how best to do this and we thought that whoever buys tickets could give a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. That way, no one ends up with something they don't really want.

So that means we can just keep building up a 'Wish List' from which people could choose from. Here's what we got so far:

- Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen
- Cafe Gratitude's 'I am Grateful' recipe book
- iTunes $25 gift certificate
- A subscription to Purely Delicious
- My ebook
- A bottle of Oxy-Powder
- A bottle of E3Live
- $25 gift certificate to Really Raw Foods.com (raw food distributor in Canada)
- $25 gift certificate to American raw food distributor (any suggestion?)
- Bag of REAL raw unpazteurized almonds
- $25 Gift certificate to Rawfromthefarm.com
- $25 Gift certificate to The raw bakery online
- $25 Gift certificate to Amazon
- 3 issues (6 months) of free advertising on Aleesha's magazine: http://www.timelessspirit.com
- a free first degree reiki attunement (http://www.timelessspirit.com/aleesha.html)

Oh, and I'm thinking the Holiday Celebration Guide by Nomi Shannon and Sharon Duruz instead of the Thanksgiving ebook

Come on guys! Help us out here! I just know you GOTTA have a wish list hiding in some part of your brain!

Last edited by Carmella : 10-20-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Chickadee

~:~:~:~ you to fly here and prepare raw meals for me Carmella? The Strawberry shortcake is a must! ~:~:~:~

"Don, can I borrow Carmella for a day?"

Hmmmmmm prizes?

Bag of REAL raw unpazteurized almonds

Gift certificate to Rawfromthefarm.com --Drake is awesome and a dedicated raw foodist!!!!!!

gift certificate to The raw bakery online

Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Swallow

Besides the music to the soul idea, I like books, too. GC to amazon or another site that sells books?

I'd go for food from Carmella as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Chickadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7270 View Post
Besides the music to the soul idea, I like books, too. GC to amazon or another site that sells books?

I'd go for food from Carmella as well.
Yeah! great idea, GF to online book and music!!!!

Yup, I would gladly accept food from Carmella
Old 10-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

Wow, what a great idea is this Xmas draw, Carmella!
What if someone wants to offer something to make it even more fun and make it a littlebit easier on your budget? Is it acceptable? We used to play this when we lived in Europe and it's called Tombola. Every participant brought a little gift and it was put in the basket with a number, and on the end we all draw a number and got a gift! That way everyone got something. I'm not sure if it's known here in North-America...
If we would decide to play that, the cost of our tickets could cover the shipping costs from your place to ours. But this is just an idea...

BTW, the most precious gift for me would be a weekend with you & Don in your lovely retreat next summer!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Hey Mosaica, we have that back in Singapore too!! Except I do not know it is called Tombola!!??

What we do is we pick on the names prior to actual Christmas day, so we can narrow down on the pressie to buy for that particular person and the gift price is set at the same amount for everyone, say example the gift should be estimation $10.

That is a brilliant idea too!!

And hey!! Me want in too!! Me want cRAWker and Don (I hear he makes good raw foods too ) and not forgetting Jozzzzzzzzie so I can have dessert for brekkie and after which we can both fly and never ever land....

...... all I want for Xmas is my personal raw foods chef

Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Swallow

I think that's called, "Secret Santa," in my area. It's a cool idea!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Woo-Hoo! Glad y'all liking the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslinda View Post
Yeah! great idea, GF to online book and music!!!!

Yup, I would gladly accept food from Carmella
OMG ML!!! * her mouth dropping in awe* Look at you! You're GORGEOUS girl!!!

So funny too as just yesterday I was wondering about what you looked like for some reason. Guess you heard me thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaica View Post

What if someone wants to offer something to make it even more fun and make it a littlebit easier on your budget? Is it acceptable? We used to play this when we lived in Europe and it's called Tombola. Every participant brought a little gift and it was put in the basket with a number, and on the end we all draw a number and got a gift! That way everyone got something. I'm not sure if it's known here in North-America...
If we would decide to play that, the cost of our tickets could cover the shipping costs from your place to ours. But this is just an idea...
Oh yeah! I used to have that in our family too! I don't know about doing a blind gift exchange but I'm thinking that having SWAPs between RFC folks would be awesome! Heck, we could hold a few of those a year! I love the idea of passing along what you no longer use so if it can be to someone you know, the better!

Hum, let's see how we'd work it out though...

OK, so I think it would have to be things that members have and are no longer using or things they make themselves. We could start a thread and whoever is in could post what they have to offer and whether they're looking for something specific. I think this would be preferable to doing it blindly. You know, as otherwise, an item might not be useful to the person who receives it. Waste of energy/postage, etc...

The easiest would probably be for Don and I to coordinate it. Not sure about the details yet. I'm thinking you wouldn't have to be receiving necessarily from the person you've given to, as long as there's a flow going. Anyways, we need to sit on this so as to smooth out the details.

Any more thought on this? How we should proceed? I'm thinking I could start a dedicated SWAP thread shortly and we could get going with this.

Also, I'd do this separately than the Xmas Draw which would be both a means of giving back some of the commissions earned and raise funds. (See, only a small percentage of the commissions go towards the site itself so more in the treasure chest would definitely be welcome.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaica View Post

BTW, the most precious gift for me would be a weekend with you & Don in your lovely retreat next summer!
Awwwwww, thanks Mosaica! That's so sweet! You know we'd love to have you come for a visit. In fact, ANY ONE of you would be welcomed with open arms! Perhaps we could arrange some sort of RFC Meet-Up next summer! Never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisah View Post
And hey!! Me want in too!! Me want cRAWker and Don (I hear he makes good raw foods too ) and not forgetting Jozzzzzzzzie so I can have dessert for brekkie and after which we can both fly and never ever land....

*cracking up*

Guess what my contribution will be for the SWAP?

Oh, btw, I think that in terms of contributing raw goodies, it would be best/simplest to keep it within one's own country. Less trouble and changes of spoilage that way.WDYT? (Funny that, as I'm typing this, I'm munching on the last of the cookies that Fairygirl sent me! lol)

And I think the Amazon gift certificate is an awesome idea! In fact, RFC is now officially an affiliate of Amazon so if any of you guys do some shopping there, you can do so while supporting this site. All you have to do is navigate from this link. (There's a search box visible from the Teguh style.)

Last edited by Carmella : 10-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Meadowlark

wow!!! yay, fabulous ideas on the wish list for the christmas draw!!!!

i cant even think of anything at the moment to add....yet...hehe
Old 10-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Meadowlark

yippeeee...im so excited about this swap!!! lets get it going as soon as possible i cant wait!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisah

Carmie cRAWker ; *cracking up*? ???

Aisah: sooooooooooo you can fly to Carmi & Don's have the 'good' food, and then have your jet just fly you down here I will make you Black Forest Cake = like this ! http://rawfoodchef.com/images/rawsom...rest%20Pie.htm hehe; I'm requesting, searching, begging for this recipe !!!!!!!!! Joz zzzzzzzzzzzzie

Raw Freedom Community > RFC - General > Suggestion Box