Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Red face Project : Me don't like Fennel but love Pizza

Hey hey!!! Good morning lovely people!!

Since my first project went well and with all the lovely people giving me 'support' in all forms, participating, sending love vibe, encouragement etc and that I agreed with Jozzie to make this once my jitters for Mr K's project are over, so hey, join us both.... ?

Here is the link to Fennel & Pear Pizza with Pine Nut Parmesan.

I think this is fun, having a virtual raw making dishes with lovely raw friends from halfway round the globe.... no??! its much more special that way...

I have a few questions, I am not sure if I have a favorite basil pesto for I have only tried one which is Alissa's. If you think you have a better one, would you share with this Tweety Bird please?

Also I am not sure if I still do have flax and nutritional yeast, if not can I omit them or any other substitutions??

Lastly, I will have to hunt for.....

BOSC PEAR & FENNEL *yucks*

.... then I will set the date for making this okay Jozzie zzzzzzzzzzzz... what say you you youuuuuuuuuuu???!

ps : me sure hope after this project, me's mind will change on fennel

Last edited by aisah : 10-18-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

pear is o.k. but '''''fennell'''' tastes like medicine !!!!!!!!!!

but let me know. We have lots of fennell in the stores right now. Jozzzzzzzzzzzie

Anyone else join us in this Aisah 'cupid cook' and Carmi cRAWker project?

Last edited by wyjoz : 10-18-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

You girls!!! Yuck? Medicine? *shaking her head* I'm sure you're blowing all this out of proportion! Just wait til you taste it marinated! You'll see!

Aisah girl, you might want to try the pesto recipe in my ebook (listed for the lasagna recipe). And yes, you can omit the flax seeds, although you do need them for the crust.

No yeast will mean not as cheesy. Can't vouch as to whether it will taste as yummy. If no work, me not liable ok! he he
Old 10-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Swallow

Will someone please tell me what kind of fennel to look for. I'm sure I've seen fresh fern like leaves in plastic packs with the basil and such in produce. Also plants like celery stalks with swollen bottoms. And then the seed in glass jars. Seems like the recipe said to slice it so the seed would be out. So is it the leafs or the stalks?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Atlantic Puffin

It's the plants like celery stalks with the swollen bottoms! It has a celery like texture and crunch, but an unmistakably not celery like flavor! It tastes a lot like licorice... But in a crunchy, refreshing sort of way. I think it's delightful!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fennel.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	937  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM

O.K. Aisah; you'r getting yours? I'm getting one this week; shall we?????? Another PLAN across the miles ! Let's have fun even though me no like fennell Aisah no like fennell ! Let's have fun???? Joz
Old 10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Swallow

Thank you all. I went to the store after posting above and there was no fennell of any kind. I have seen that fennell before so maybe they were just out. Now I have another question, the only pears were D'Anjou, Asian, Bartlett, and Red Pears. If they get the fennell, which of these pears would be closest to Bosc?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyjoz View Post
O.K. Aisah; you'r getting yours? I'm getting one this week; shall we?????? Another PLAN across the miles ! Let's have fun even though me no like fennell Aisah no like fennell ! Let's have fun???? Joz
Hey Jozzie, its Sunday here. I will see if I can go to the store sometime this week and we will do this on hmmm say the coming weekend?? I will need to sprout my buckwheat now. Will confirm on the date ja??

liebe ~ a
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Mute Swan

No Dehydrator
Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 AM

Hey Aisah 's'tweetey it's Sunday here also !! LOL at least we'r' on the same day? except you will be getting ready for night night?

Ja let's choose a day; then do the sprouting, then do the 'FENNELL FUN' etc.

Danny_banany; You could use a different crust??? Carmella will help us with this; Or use your 'oven' set at the lowest setting and the door slightly open. Many people have tried this with success. Ja (Aisah's german yes) Ja you might have to check it often. Joz
'
Old 10-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Hey STB,
I think Anjou would work beautifully (altho I'm by no means a pear expert. )

Quote:
I will need to sprout my buckwheat now.

Noooooooooooo! *a concerned look on her face*

Oh Aisah girl, I strongly recommend you wait til the night before. The thing is, buckwheat has a tendency to go bad on ya really easily. So what I do is put the buckwheat to soak before going to bed. To prevent fermentation, rinse it a few times, every 30 mins. or so, to release as much goo as possible. Then fill up your jar with fresh water and leave it til morning. Then rinse really well and it's all ready to use! Tada! (One cup dry buckwheat will yield 2 cups sprouted.)
Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Ja ja okay Jozzizzzzezzz I am going to the store today and will come back with a report.

Carmi, thanks for the sprouting note who knows I might be the first one to make Fermented Fennel Pizza.... now how bad can that taste?? eeewwwwwwww
Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Sweety Tweety Bird

Talking

calling out to...... no no....

SCREEEEEEEEAAMING OUT TO JOZZZZZZZZIEEEEEEE!!!!!

Hey J!! I got my stuffs already I am so ready to put this Fennel Pizza into and out of my head erm maybe that might change after I have tasted it.... *oh darn I just remembered that I forgotten the PEAR!!!!!*..... doh!! slaps forhead

..... okay I was saying I got MOST of the stuffs except as stated above.... I was thinking all along in my head Fennel Pizza... Fennel Pizza... ja ja... Fennel Pizza *ick*... so am thinking of soaking my buckwheat tonight so tomorrow it will sprout.... is it necessary to have little tails on it cRAWkie??? If tails are needed than I would say I would have to do this on... *tuesday... wednesday...* ah Thursday is dehydrator time.... and Friday is consuming day.... what say you Jozzie...?? Ja Ja Jozzie?

ps : and guess what you guys, I still do have little left grounded flax and nutritional yeast, enough for the recipe however I do not know what is the expiration date for I transferred it into another container
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM

Aisah: HEARD YOU SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMING SO I WOKE UP: I'm here;

oh yah, fen ne l yuck Pizza ! So we'r doing it or eating it Friday? Sounds good. Friday yuck fennell pizza day. Ja Ja Ja Friday is o.k.

oh yah, you got to get the "PEAR" Lets' Do IT ! Joz

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General