Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General

Raw Food Preparation - General Share and learn about raw food prep, ingredients, recipes and tips.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Meadowlark

wedding shower ideas

help!!! my daughter's wedding shower is next week and i have to make stuff for people.

since i'm raw... i'd love to do some raw recipes. simple easy appy type of things.

i thought i'd do a raw vege plate... any ideas for a dip?

perhaps some guac with chips... any quac recipes?

any other ideas? i suck at doing this kind of thing so please help me!!!

oh and i have a blender, champion juicer and no dehydrator yet.

It isn't what happens while I sit that makes my meditation a 'success'. It is that I sit. ~ Aleesha
Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Meadowlark

Fruit salad is always a big hit.
Fruit trays
Veggie Trays
Tomato & Basil tray
Hummus
Patte
Raw Crackers
Raw Chips
Dip
Onion dip is always a big hit when we go to a gathering. It is one of Alissa's recipes.
Avocado/tomato salad
Carrot salad
Smoothies
Just a few ideas for you. Fruit is always a big hit with everyone because it is something most SAD eaters don't have everyday

Good Luck
Melissa
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Meadowlark

thanks melissa. i don't have a dehydrator yet, so i can't make any chips or crackers. but thanks for the rest of ideas.

It isn't what happens while I sit that makes my meditation a 'success'. It is that I sit. ~ Aleesha
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
White Bird

You might want to give your daughter a dehydrator as a gift so she can start-off her marriage on the raw foot.

peace,
misotrue
Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Meadowlark

oh good luck! she went from here... with no dairy, organics, fresh etc to having choc milk for breakfast with a bagel covered in cream cheese

she's gone the OPPOSITE of raw.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Hatchling

Hi Aleesha,

I am sorry to hear that your daughter has gone the opposite of raw.

I got married myself earlier this year. My best friend threw me a bridal shower at her house at the end of April. (my wedding was in May)
I requested a durian, and we made a pudding out of durian and ripe bananas. We served it in little dessert glasses and it was very yummy. Most of my friends liked it and I finished whatever was left over .
My friend also prepared guagamole, hummus and lots of cut up fruit and veg, plus baked corn chips. She made a vegan carrot cake (baked) which I did not have, but everyone seemed to enjoy.
Also, we asked others to bring whatever they like to share, so we ended up with a mix of raw, vegan and vegetarian finger food. Everyone was happy!

It was a small afternoon garden party, very low key, but lots of fun for me!

Good luck with organizing your daughter's party!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Meadowlark

Sounds like a wonderful wedding fruitlove!

i cant wait to have a wedding and make my own raw wedding cake, lol. unless i can find someone who can do it for me .

Alieesha, please do tell us what you end up making for the shower.
I think lots of fresh fruit with some yummy fruity dips would go over well.

blend bananas, berries, cashews, and touch of lemon juice.

And i like the idea of lots of veggie trays with dips, like fresh salsa, guacamole, hummus, etc..

i find that pesto stuffed mushy caps always go over well, even if you dont dehydrate them. Do you have a good pesto recipe?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Meadowlark

no i don't. i really don't have anything and i'm starting to get a little stressed out thinking about what to serve.

i know for sure there will be a fruit plate and a raw vege plate. i wish i had more time to try out some recipes before making it for a bunch of people!

unfortunately, i'll probably end up with some cooked items, like little quiches or something... cause i'm really kinda lost. RAWbies want to come for a visit this weekend?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Chickadee

ya know what... this is about your daughter.... I say -- relax - take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment! It is a time to celebrate love and beauty... a time to realize that you did a wonderful job... and that your daughter is a beautiful goddess --- with a powerful mind ... with a powerful spirit - because THAT'S what you poured into her....

breathe... serve something wonderful... whether it's a veggie platter... fruit platter... no matter.. just smile and laugh ... and know that ... you've given to your daughter ... all your love ....

rawk on... and may your blessings consume you ... and may you realize AND CELEBRATE... that you have done a wonderful job raising an AMAZING BEAUTIFUL GODDESS!!

it's about your daughter... its' about love... it's about joy... doesn't matter what you serve honey!! just know -- that she's happy!!

If you don't take care of your body ... where will you live?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Meadowlark

starfire,

i soooo needed to hear this. i am so thankful for this... what a beautiful timely thing for you to say.

thank YOU. thank you soooo much!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Hatchling

Aleesha,
How bout a fruit tray with chocolate milk on the side? (hee hee)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Meadowlark

hahahaha

i'm going for a fruit tray, a raw veggie tray, some portobella mushroom balls, spinach dip and some baked brie w/ cranberries.

then some cheescake to finish it off. :P

not very RAW but.. it'll have to do.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Sounds lovely!

It's so easy to put extra pressure and stress on ourselves when it's not necessary.

It's gonna be fab!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Meadowlark

i agree! it feels so much better just to make this simple. i ordered the bread needed for the shower at the bakery today... so all i have to do is pick it up!

oh and the helium balloons as well!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Raw Food Preparation - General