Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats

Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Hummingbird - Caretaker

Chocolate Orange Mousse with Almonds

Chocolate Orange Mousse with Almonds
By Cherie Soria
Posted in the San Francisco Chronicle food section.

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup raw cocoa powder
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon evaporated cane juice
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Pinch salt
2 avocados, about 6 ounces each, peeled, seeded and mashed
1/2 cup peeled slivered raw almonds, for garnish, optional

Place coconut oil in a small work bowl and place the bowl in a pan with about 1 inch of hot water. The coconut oil will melt.

Combine melted coconut oil, agave nectar, cocoa powder, orange juice, evaporated cane juice, orange zest, cayenne and salt in a high-powered blender. A regular blender will work, although it may not make the mixture quite as smooth. Puree until smooth; use a small rubber spatula to keep folding the mixture into the center to keep the mixture blending without adding water (you may stop the machine to do this). Make sure cane juice crystals are fully dissolved.

Add the mashed avocado and blend just until the mixture is smooth and creamy.

Pour into six 4-ounce ramekins. Serve each portion topped with slivered almonds.

Note: Agave nectar and evaporated cane juice are minimally processed sweeteners. They are available, along with raw cocoa powder, at natural food stores.

To peel almonds, place a heaping half cup of almonds in a glass bowl. Cover with hot water and let soak 15 minutes. Drain, peel skin off of almonds and slice into slivers with a sharp knife. Dry the almonds slightly before using, either by allowing to air-dry for 15 minutes, or spreading on a sheet pan and placing in a 100 oven for 5 minutes.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Meadowlark

yummy! I must try!

i recently came up with a creamy orange pudding and layered it with a cacao pudding, with orange segments and cacao nibs in between. It was so yummy! When i recreate it and write everything down i will post the recipe.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Desserts and Sweet Treats