I am a mother of nine, and we decided to go raw in November of 2005. We follow an 80% raw diet, with added whole grains and some cooked food in the colder months.
My children range in ages from 22 to brand new, so I am very busy. We love the way eating raw makes us feel--and we look forward to sharing recipes here and gaining some knowledge!
Some of the positive aspects of going raw have been:
- my six year old daughter's autism symptoms lessened dramatically
- my children homeschool a lot better
- my rosacea is gone
- my oldest daughter does not bleed when she menstruates anymore
- my last pregnancy was better than my first
- my 1 1/2 year old daughter who has been about 95% raw her entire life has been sick only once with a sniffly nose
- my four year old son healed an abcessed tooth with green smoothies
- I lost 63 pounds in 2 months
- my husband and I have dramatically improved our sex life!
That's just the few I have time for right now! It has been an incredible journey and we love it!!