Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'

Living 'In The Raw' The place to discuss All-Things-Raw! From transitioning to the Raw Food Diet, to equipment, special techniques and more.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Finch

Arrow Learning About Natural Hygiene

I am very interested in the subject. I want to know what you know! tell me everything, from things you have learned, to book you recommend, to websites that are good to take a look at!

Oh yeah -- please, no negative comments, k? This is assuming we choose to follow the NY lifestyle, not debating it.

THANKS!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Meadowlark

RVM - Natural hygiene involves a vast body of information. The best I've seen on it is Harvey & Marilyn Diamond's Fit For Life book. He spent ten years of intensive study to bring it in a more concise, palatable form. His book is singularly the best on the market. Otherwise, one might wade through volumes of technical jargon and somewhat obscure, dated information. And I'm sure a lot of it is good reading. (Also check out the Soil & Health library of free ebooks. There's a wealth of info there.) But Diamond's book gives us a nice handle on an otherwise very laborious study. He promoted a vegan diet, principles of proper fruit consumption, food combining, 70% high-water-content and so forth. His program does allow for animal products, but he devotes entire chapters on them which extremely discourages eating them.

Last edited by FirstGarden : 11-16-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Finch

Thanks FG! I will see if my library has it!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM
luckitri

Raw Food Explained

www.rawfoodexplained.com

I love this site. I am conflicted about Natural Hygiene still - yet alot of things make sense. For example lately I have had this lurking thought that all these blended drinks are not natural and possibly not optimum - I think that is a Natural Hygiene idea also but not sure.

I have achieved some healing in the last year with the use of herbs and spices like cayenne and ginger which I believe is against Natural Hygiene principal and I love raw garlic and onions which is also frowned apon.

Sometimes I think that one must already be very healthy to become a Natural Hygienist. Not trying to be negative or debate but just explaining that I have a debate going on with myself about it.

Last edited by luckitri : 11-16-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Rawbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckitri View Post
I have achieved some healing in the last year with the use of herbs and spices like cayenne and ginger which I believe is against Natural Hygiene principal and I love raw garlic and onions which is also frowned apon.
I am not sure how to say it without starting a debate, but there are certain foods, herbs and spices that should be avoided if one wants to practice Natural Hygiene. I use Cayenne peppers, ginger and garlic practically everyday -- can't live without them!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

RVM, Natural Hygiene is exactly the thing I wanna learn about too!
Besides the health aspects, I'm inetersted in spiritual ones even more.
I googled it, find a lot of interesting stuff, even got a website where you can study NH online and get a Professional Natural Hygiene Consultant certificate: http://www.livingnutrition.com/school/
I'd recommend to read books from Herbert Shelton and Hilton Hotema, both the grandfathers of NH. I like their way of thinking, but of course lot of people don't, but since I was always a rebellious girl, I don't care.
Here are some websites for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_hygiene

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201.../020125toc.htm

Let me know, what do you think!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Finch

Luckitri & Rawbie,

I am not 100% sold on NY either, but I want to learn about it anyway.

Thanks for the link Luckitri! I really like it! There is tons to learn in there!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Finch

Thumbs up

M -- thank you! I am looking at the links right now! I had to post this:

What is Natural Hygiene?

In a nutshell, the philosophy is this: Natural Hygiene recognizes that the human body is a fully self-sufficient organism that is self-directing, self-constructing, self-preserving and self-healing; and that it is capable of maintaining itself in superb functioning order, completely free of disease, if its basic needs are met.

Natural Hygiene is the only systematic and logical study of what it takes for people to achieve health and excellence in the many different spheres of life. Through discerning observation and careful study of nature, and of mankind's harmonious place in it, Natural Hygiene has come to encompass all that serves to support and encourage health and personal growth for everyone.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Meadowlark

natural hygeine is right on track .

any disease can be cured by looking at the body as a chemistry formula .
just determine the proper / healthiest body chemistry as in how much of each mineral and vitamin should be present and through diet attain that perfect chemical state and the body shall self heal . its just a matter of determining that perfect chemical formula . a test has to be established for determining a bodies chemical state , then a program of mainly the proper diet has to be established in order to get one to the perfect body chemistry . its just a complicated as of yet formula . but its just basically MASTERING DIET , and mastering the testing process which determine the bodies state and what chemical state to ideally arrive at .
essentially what were all working on here as raw foodist .
VERY SOON RAWFOODISM SHALL OVER TAKE THIS PLANET .
Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Toucan - Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan roman View Post
VERY SOON RAWFOODISM SHALL OVER TAKE THIS PLANET .
MR, are you kidding? Unfortunately you're too optimistic, I'm afraid.
We are a minority, even if it's a growning movement, if you compare with the population of 6.5 billion, it's like nothing. But as I always used to say: less is more.
I cannot see a chance for a peaceful progress. Something has to happen, a disaster for majority, a rebirth for minority to change our future on our mother planet...
Old 11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Meadowlark

thanx for wakin me up mossy , your right i was being way optimistic .
Old 11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Toucan - Caretaker

I actually love your optimism, MR. We have to face the reality too many times in our lives, so it's nice to be optimistic sometimes.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
luckitri

Hah! I made carrot soup as my contribution to a dinner and told the hostess that it was raw and meant to be served cold and she totally did not hear me. All she heard was soup. While I was in the other room she cooked it!

Conclusion: Raw is so shocking to people that they cannot even hear what you are saying about it.

Rawnora at www.rawschool.com has some documents from Shelton I believe, that no-one else has.

Nope just checked - she has documents from TC Fry for sale that was used for training as a career.

Last edited by luckitri : 11-16-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Finch

Exclamation

Quote:
It is a requisite than men and women should be content with little and accustom ourselves to eat no more than is absolutely necessary to support life remember that all excess causes disease and leads to death.

Luigi Coronado, 1458 1560

This is really hard for me... I said to myself "Oh crap -- you will never do NY!!!!"

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Living 'In The Raw'