Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Raw 'Round The World

Raw 'Round The World International Cuisine In The Raw!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Bad Mumble Jumble Dodo Bird

Stir Frei = Pad Thai

A classic Thai dish got a rawsome facelift!

1/16 cup ginger
1/3 cup hemp oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsps tamarind (no salt or additives)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
3 black olives (pitted, raw, organic, sun-dried, salted OK)
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 handful crimini or other mushrooms, quartered
Nama Shoyu, 3 tsps or to taste
4 zucchinis
2 cucumbers

Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish that just got a rawsome facelift! Your guests will appreciate this dish. Pad Thai means Thai stir-fry; Thai means 'free' in Thai and 'free' is 'frei' in German; hence, stir-frei (be free!) Pad Thai.

Blend the ginger, olive oil, coriander seeds, tamarind, lemon juice, olives, and garlic in a high speed blender such as the Champ HP3 until well liquefied. Turn the zucchinis and cucumbers into fine angel hair spaghetti with the Spiral Slicer and toss the resulting 'noodles' with the sauce. Add Nama Shoyu (unpasteurized soy sauce) to taste. Garnish with a sprig of parsley as well as tomato & crimini mushroom slices and red bell pepper rings on the side. Enjoy!

- from Rawganique.com
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Quetzal

I love Thai food. Anyone have a raw recipe for Masamum Curry? Its one of my favorites.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Rawbie

What is 1/16 cup? I need to take out my ruler and figure this one out!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:50 PM

You better ask Aisah this is Thai in germglish ! she can help you!

just in case 1 Tbsp ???? i'm assuming! Joz
Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Rawbie

Masaman Curry Paste!

This is the modified version of Masaman Curry Paste that I used to make during my SAD days. Please note that I am including Rapadura in place of brown sugar, which is minimally processed. You could try raw agave, but you won't end up with a dry paste. You should get about 1/2 cup of paste with this recipe. Bon appetit!

Masaman Curry Paste

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic (10 to 12 cloves)
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground mace
1 tablespoon Rapadura
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 to 4 teaspoons ground red pepper (depending how hot you want)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons dulse flakes (add or subtract depending on how fishy you want)

Preparation:

Place all ingredients in food processor and process until mixture forms a dry paste.

Last edited by Rawbie : 11-16-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: recipe modification
Old 11-16-2007, 05:25 PM

this recipe needs a 'fishy' taste????? no fear ! you can substitute:

make a paste of little water
touch of nama shoyu
tsp??? ground up nori
*if you have it;;;;touch of tamarind paste
Ha! should work! Joz
Old 11-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Rawbie

Yeah, that could work. What about dulse flakes or kelp powder? Peaches, you could try starting with two teaspoons of dulse flakes. In my SAD recipe, I used 2 teaspoon anchovy paste. You can always add or subtract the amount of dulse depending on how fishy you want. Please get back to us with a report if you ever try the recipe.

Last edited by Rawbie : 11-16-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Quetzal

Wow! Thanks Wayne and Joz. I'm gonna try it out this weekend and I will report back. This is great!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches4Ever View Post
Wow! Thanks Wayne and Joz. I'm gonna try it out this weekend and I will report back. This is great!

This came out cute: thanks Wayne & Joz ! because my hubby's name is Wayne ! and you'r thanking the other Wayne; so I'm giggling at this; Joz
Old 11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Mute Swan

Ooooo, Joz, I love this company!!! Rawganique RAWKS!!!
I have been meaning to try some of Touch's recipe's for a while Maybe this will be my first
1/16 of a cup is 1 Tablespoon because there are 4 T to a 1/4 cup
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Your avatar; has two pina coladas::::::::::: one for you and one for me? THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!! yum!
Old 11-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Rawbie

Masaman Curry Paste - Redux

After having too many drinks at the "The Cat's Away The Birds Will Play " party, a light bulb just went off. I wondered if the recipe for curry paste in my previous post could be converted into a POWDER mixture and therefore, extend it's shelf life indefinitely. You see there are three "wet" ingredients in the recipe, meaning that you would need to use the entire batch right away every time you make it. I think 1/2 cup is substantial for one person if you are the only person eating raw.

So I used this link (http://rawtestkitchen.blogspot.com/) to figure out both garlic (1 medium clove garlic = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder) and ginger (1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger = 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger). That leaves lemon peel as the only remaining ingredient that needs to be worked on. Also, lemon peel powder is not that easy to find if I recall. You could try WFS if there is one in your area. If not, a dehydrator is your best bet. Use your dehydrator to make your own lemon peel powder, using the exact amount indicated in the recipe.

Masaman Curry Powder

4.5 teaspoons ground ginger
1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground mace
1 tablespoon Rapadura
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (dehydrate first until completely dry)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 to 4 teaspoons ground red pepper (depending how hot you want)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons dulse flakes (add or subtract depending on how fishy you want)

Place all ingredients in food processor and process until powder is completely blended.

All you have to do is take a certain amount of powder needed for your raw dish and add a smidgen of water to form into a thick paste. Viola, masaman curry paste! What do you think?

If it works, you can always market it as Peaches' Masaman Curry Powder and rake in millions of George Washingtons! LOL!

Last edited by Rawbie : 11-17-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: recipe clarification
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Quetzal

Oh, Wayne! You are a genious! I will definitely give it a try. But, if it works and I market it I will call it Rawbie's Masaman Curry Powder -- must give credit where credit is due -- and we'll share the George Washingtons, 60% for you as the brains of this operation and 40% for me. Waddya think?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Rawbie

Ha, ha! I am having so much fun thinking of that one! I used to eat a lot of Masaman Curry Chicken, using coconut milk, during my SAD days.

Hey another idea -- instead of water, you can use coconut water to make a paste in order to enhance the flavor of Masaman Curry Powder. Oooh, that sounds good!

Well, Peaches, you should deserve the most credit for bringing Masaman Curry to the forefront since I have forgotten all about it since going raw!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Rawbie

Thanks, Danny Banany, clearing up for the "1/16 cup" issue. I can put my ruler away. I hope you realize that the ruler thing is only a joke.

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > The Recipes > Raw 'Round The World