Raw Freedom Community  

Advertisement

Go Back   Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General

Old 11-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Meadowlark

Red face armpit detox?

so ugh... I have not used commercial deodorant for weeks now, b/c I've been using baking soda instead. Now sometimes I'll get this horrible BIG RED rash that's itchy to hell in either one of my armpits, but it'll eventually go away. Is this detox or what? So itchy!!!!

I've been exercising a lot, too & get all sweaty there... before I did not sweat there due to you know what.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Meadowlark

Question

Have you tried using the rock?
Sounds to me that the rash that your experiencing, is an over dose of the baking soda and or your having an allergic reactions to it.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Meadowlark

you have a good point! i have not got the rock on hand. any suggestions for where i can get one?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Mute Swan

I have always found them at local health food stores. It may be detox, after all, it may be years? since you last let your armpits "sweat it out"?
No matter what I have used I have periodically had red stinging rashes, about once every year? I have tried different natural deodorants all my life including the rock, so far, no rash with the soda, been doing that for about 6 months +?
good luck!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Finch

I haven't used commercial deodorant in years, and when I went raw, I decided to give it up. I stay at homw, so I wasn't worried abotu stinking out the co-workers!

The one things I noticed, was i smelled MUSTY, like a OLD! LOL! Isn't that strange... My pits smell like a dusty, musty old lady! LOL! anyone have this problem? This is even when it is cold and i don't do anything.

When i used to sweat & use commercial deodarant, i smelled like, well, B.O.! LOL, even when I stopped using the commercial stuff and used Nature's Gate it smelled like smelly pits!

now, even with Natures gate Deodorant, I smell musty!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Meadowlark

i'm feeling better now today. thanks guys! no deodorant for me today, since i'm at home although i did go out a little. Nothing to sweat about though like excessive walking & exercise.

i was really hoping that the baking soda would work for me, b/c it's so efficient - natural & inexpensive! now i've got to go hunt down this crystal thing, b/c i'm sure people can smell me... whatever scent i'm giving off.

rvm -- i can't even smell myself! i don't smell anything! but i know others smell "something!"
Old 11-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
rvm -- i can't even smell myself! i don't smell anything! but i know others smell "something!"
Are you sure? My husband still swears he doesn't smell anything!!!

During all my pregnancies, I took showers like 3 times a day, cause I REEKED! but, not one other person ever thoguth so! LOL! I have a very good sense of smell, I am sensitive to many scents, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Do you have anyone to ask about it? A female is preferred, they usually have better sniffers than men!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Atlantic Puffin

Hiya JustMe!

When I stopped using "normal" deoderant about three months ago I had the same symptoms you have and called it "armpit detox" just like you have!!!

Eventually, after about two months or so, the itchyness and rashness subsided, maybe it will for you too!

I am using the rock or crystal, and I like it, it is totally irritant-free.

Good luck!
Abby
Old 11-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Vegan Mama View Post
Do you have anyone to ask about it? A female is preferred, they usually have better sniffers than men!
I'm much too bashful to do it, & I guess I don't want to know, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabbytree View Post
Eventually, after about two months or so, the itchyness and rashness subsided, maybe it will for you too!

I am using the rock or crystal, and I like it, it is totally irritant-free.
Thank you, Abby! Yes! I have hope afterall. I was really panicked yesterday!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Mute Swan

Hahahahah, RVM sounds like you have a sniffer like my Mom, she can smell WATER at 20 paces!!
Hey if your "musty" smell is undetectable by others don't worry be happy
Or wear cedar on your person, (earrings? ) I hear that helps with musty smells
Old 11-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_banany View Post
Hahahahah, RVM sounds like you have a sniffer like my Mom, she can smell WATER at 20 paces!!
Hey if your "musty" smell is undetectable by others don't worry be happy
Or wear cedar on your person, (earrings? ) I hear that helps with musty smells

haha that reminds me of the period after I had my second daughter. We lived in an apartment on the 2nd & 3rd floor. On the first floor lived an elderly couple who were really sweet but the man smoked cigars......my sister swore she could smell cigar smoke in my daughter's poop when she changed her diaper. I couldn't smell it but I bet even then I was starting up with my sinus problems....and my sister has a nose like a bloodhound hehe.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Chickadee

Actually this is a GREAT sign that the lymph system is eliminating. The skin is the LARGEST detox organ as it is always detoxifying......

Repressing the "prespiration" is defeating the purpose here........

If anything, assist the process thru hydration,increasing the blood flow.he

An article I posted in the exercise thread, mentions that focused deep breathing exercises, increases 15% more toxins out of the organs.......

The goal is to move the toxins out, not cover them or stop them........in the end, you will not need to use any deodorant etc.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Meadowlark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslinda View Post

The goal is to move the toxins out, not cover them or stop them........in the end, you will not need to use any deodorant etc.
no deodorant? that's going to be awesome!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Hatchling

deodorant

We make a deodorant that is without chemicals and works great.
A healthy alternative to commercial products. Alot of research has gone into this product. Our site is beachorganicsskincare.com
Essential oils are used to combat the bacteria and smell. You can sweat and still feel fresh.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Hatchling

Ya I went from antipersp. to deodorant to something at the health food store to now nothing! Sometimes I think I smell, but my husband insists I don't-and we live in HOT AZ!

Raw Freedom Community > Sunny Raw Lifestyle > Health & Nutrition > Health General